Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Wow! Very nice Chortdraw - Not necessarily my style, but I can respect the work and care you put into those pieces. Very nice!

JD

·
Registered
27 Posts
man that is just beautiful. years ago i asked about anyone doing this kind of carving/engraving and i caught he-- for a number of reasons, most were due to lowering the value of the gun when i chose to sell them. oh well, glad those fellows got their feathers back down, hate a hackle rising, sure means trouble. i'd give good money if i had the potential to learn that good, but the age, nerves, arthritis, and a few other things requiring pills, say no. BUT THIS IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HAS MY GREAT ADMIRATION FOR IT. GREAT WORK!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Art & ammo

That is a good comparison. Never thought of that!! It does cut down on the value of the weapon if it is a collectible I suppose. The one was my gun and the other was a collector of my art work so he was pleased and it was on a 270. Now what the ridus and shaking is about, but it came for free and I guess it is something we all seem to share. :mad: Don't do to much carving anymore as it is sort of a dying art. Did make a set of pistol grips for my own gun because I had some beautiful Quilted Maple to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts