Stock carvings

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by Chortdraw, May 16, 2008.

1. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

[​IMG]

Some of the stocks I did when I was carving full time

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow! Very nice Chortdraw - Not necessarily my style, but I can respect the work and care you put into those pieces. Very nice!

JD

Last edited: May 16, 2008

3. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Sharp! Very nice work. Beats the snot out of the carving on my 12.

4. CARNUT1100

CARNUT1100 New Member

Bloody marvellous!!

5. logistics

logistics New Member

man that is just beautiful. years ago i asked about anyone doing this kind of carving/engraving and i caught he-- for a number of reasons, most were due to lowering the value of the gun when i chose to sell them. oh well, glad those fellows got their feathers back down, hate a hackle rising, sure means trouble. i'd give good money if i had the potential to learn that good, but the age, nerves, arthritis, and a few other things requiring pills, say no. BUT THIS IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HAS MY GREAT ADMIRATION FOR IT. GREAT WORK!!!!!

6. ravenwolf

ravenwolf New Member

thats great a work of art ,goes to show you that there is a place for art and ammo in the same sentence:D

7. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

Art & ammo

That is a good comparison. Never thought of that!! It does cut down on the value of the weapon if it is a collectible I suppose. The one was my gun and the other was a collector of my art work so he was pleased and it was on a 270. Now what the ridus and shaking is about, but it came for free and I guess it is something we all seem to share. :mad: Don't do to much carving anymore as it is sort of a dying art. Did make a set of pistol grips for my own gun because I had some beautiful Quilted Maple to use.

8. Glock_Holiday

Glock_Holiday New Member