stippling

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by mwbonney, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mwbonney

mwbonney New Member

Just got done stippling my CZ 75 sp-01 phantom. Feels awesome. Will post pics tomorrow. Any questions if your thinking about doing it yourself hit me up.

2. RushTac

RushTac New Member

I taught myself how. Absolutely love the results! Now in the process of doing 3 others for friends and family.

3. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

without pictures, it didn't happen!!

4. mwbonney

mwbonney New Member

Here u go. Took about 4.5 hours.

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  6. RushTac

RushTac New Member

Full frame stippling, trigger housing rounded, mag well cut outs, frame grip reduction,

image-181663497.jpg

7. RushTac

RushTac New Member

@willfully armed, that looks pretty good. Almost snake skin-Ish. I took my idea from a boss of mine who has a Bowie tactical G19.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Can't really say I like that, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I can definitely see the benefits of it. If a person can't get a grip on either one of these then they should just give up.

How do Y'all still have skin on your hands?

9. RushTac

RushTac New Member

@trip, after I did my "tree bark" patterned one I sanded it down so the grip isn't nearly as severe as it looks. I've never tried the snake skin style that willfullyarmed did. But I shot with my pattern before I did it and it is really comfortable. I conceal in Colorado, it can go from 90 to 30 in an hour so I wanted something with good grip in rain, shine, cold, or hot.

10. willfully armed

That's my Idpa gun. Looks are nothing. Function is everything.

11. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Still no pic

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm thinking about moving to Colorado. There's a bunch of jobs in the wildlife/game management/ranger field.

I don't meet many people face to face from Colorado. I have a theory on that... After all that I've heard of the place, it seems like it's too nice to leave.

Sorry, a bit off topic.

13. RushTac

RushTac New Member

It's a great place to visit... Let's leave it at that. I'm not so fond of my state, the gun laws are nice however. There's a lot of ranges to shot at, even a few long ranges spread out around the state. The summers are nice, the winters suck. The 300 days a year of sunshine aren't that bad. I was raised mostly in the south by "good ol country folk" so I dont have the typical Coloradan attitude towards tourists

14. RushTac

RushTac New Member

@willfully, as stated I do like the look of your pattern. I'd love to try your pattern on a grip sometime. What tool did you do it with?

15. willfully armed

That's a 15 watt Walmart soldering iron. I filed the tip to a roundish shape. Took about 45 minutes.

16. RushTac

RushTac New Member

Mine was a $10 WalMart wood burning gun. Haha.

17. RushTac

RushTac New Member

I just went back into our range and shot a "professionally done" Bowie tactical G17 and I hated it. My texture was night and day compared to it. They took off the entire hump off the back.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wal mart is king for the jury rigger.

19. RushTac

RushTac New Member

Hell I'm fine with how mine looks. I didnt want the "professional" look, mine has a bit of pride in it

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Something my Grandfather told me once. If you do it yourself, you'll take more pride in it.

If someone else does it, you'll always say, "oh, so and so, over in BFE nowhere did that for me."