Still waiting for Hornady rebate bullets?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by weapon, Mar 29, 2016.

1. weapon

weapon New Member

Is anyone else still waiting for Hornady rebate bullets? I sent in my forms and checks to cover S&H during the first week of November and I never received a confirmation (I included an email address) or any bullets to date (basically five months). Total is 800 bullets and I mailed in the forms in different envelopes after four different purchases the same week.

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

When I sent mine in I think I got an email. And it took about 2 months to get get the bullets. That what I am thinking anyway. It was a while back.

3. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

I would either call or email them about it and find out what the hold up is.

4. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 New Member

You should have received an email from Hornady that they received your paperwork. Contact them. Their customer service is good. They may ask for a copy of what you sent them. In the past I've waited close to three months to get bullets from their rebate offers.

5. weapon

weapon New Member

I sent them an email today.

The reason I brought this up was I have seen several complaints about rebate bullets not being received on other forums. Had I only sent in one, I could see how it might have been lost in the mail but I sent in several which were mailed separately and I have heard nothing on any of them. I am not exactly impressed with their rebate offer at the moment.

6. Artie1957

Artie1957 Member

I could be a wrong here but, I think it says upto 500 free bullets. You might be requesting to many.

7. weapon

weapon New Member

No such restriction on the 2015 redemption form.

Email response I received from them said they did not receive any of my redemption forms. What is the statistical probability of the US mail losing several separate first class letters mailed to the same address several days apart? I could see one being lost but all of them??

8. weapon

weapon New Member

Still waiting to see how this plays out. I spoke with customer service and they asked me to send copies of what I sent in back in November 2015 or sales receipts and pics of anything for which I didn't have copies. I also sent in a couple more separate redemption forms for Hornady gear purchased since the first of this year -- as I bought those about a week or two apart, they were also mailed in different envelopes and separate from the copies of forms for the gear from 2015...delivery confirmation on all of it this time

9. weapon

weapon New Member

As of today, I received an email confirming they are sending me what appears to be 200 bullets. I cannot tell which redemption form this is tied to but at the moment it is 200 bullets out of all the forms I have mailed in during 2015 and 2016 (which should have been good for at least 1,000 bullets at this point).

10. 1895gunner

1895gunner New Member

I've sent in my paperwork for each set of dies I've bought (7) and am still waiting - been months.

1895gunner

11. weapon

weapon New Member

Did you try calling them or emailing them? Did you receive an email from them acknowledging the receipt of your redemption forms? I never received an email but did not think much about it as the form says 10-12 weeks or something to that effect. At 14 weeks, I called them and was met with the claim that they never received any of the four separately mailed redemption forms I had sent in November.

I am beginning to feel like I wasted a decent amount of time filling out the paperwork, writing out checks and mailing them off. Out of ten different, separately mailed forms they have thus far acknowledged receiving two of them - not even the US mail is that consistently unreliable...literally 2 out of 10. The odds of that are staggeringly low. At my job, I send out dozens of letters through USPS every week. As such, there are digital postal scales, address label printers and a half dozen sizes of envelopes. Nothing goes out the door without proper postage and a clearly legible address label in large solid black font. Out of five hundred mailings, I may end up with one or two that do not reach the intended recipient

A couple of very strong suggestions:
    1. To anyone buying anything under the theory that free bullets give their products a competitive edge over a competing product from Redding, RCBS, etc. -- take that math out of the equation entirely as those bullets are starting to look like they have a thin probably of ever arriving and most certainly not all of the ones promised on the front end of the purchase.
    2. Save copies of everything: the original UPC, the completed redemption form and the sales receipt. If you do not hear from them within two or three weeks from the date of mailing in your forms, call them and don't be surprised if you are met with the claim that the US mail has allegedly failed once again.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  12. weapon

weapon New Member

3rd suggestion: send your forms to them with delivery confirmation and save a copy of that info as well.

13. weapon

weapon New Member

I have now received 100 bullets from them. The last email I received confirmed 200 but I didn't look closely enough as half of them are on back order. As such, I have now received 100 bullets out of the more than 1000 I submitted redemption forms for with the first of those forms being those I mailed back in November 2015. Less than 1/10th of the bullets and it has required twice as much effort and wait time as what was promised on the front end by their advertising. My overall opinion of this allegedly amazing rebate deal has not improved much at this point (for obvious reasons).

14. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

Rebate programs are notorious for slow rolling the premiums. They allow these claims to set for months or years. They know most people will forget or give up. That is how rebates turn a profit. :(

15. weapon

weapon New Member

I harass the crap out of them until they give up and actually live up to the rebates. Viable option #2: find 99 other people who got screwed and file a class action along with multiple complaints for US mail fraud.

16. weapon

weapon New Member

"Please wait 10-12 weeks for delivery"

30 weeks later I have all but 100 of the bullets. Damn that was a lot of effort for "free" bullets.