Sti trojan

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by TXHunter247, Aug 20, 2012.

1. TXHunter247

TXHunter247 New Member

Anyone know about the Texas company STI? I'm looking at their 1911's but don't know much about them

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

STI makes a fantastic gun. STI is a sister company to SVI who has been making 2011 race guns for a long time and is very highly thought of in the competition circuit. They started producing commercial 1911s under the STI company a several years ago and they turn out one amazing gun. The Trojan is a very high quality gun. One of the best guns you can buy around the $1000 mark.

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Sti is great. The gf has an elektra

4. TXHunter247

TXHunter247 New Member

Thanks, this doesn't make me feel bad about spending the money for a good IDPA gun

5. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

And to add to that, STI has the best customer service in the industry,

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The Trojan would make an excellent IDPA gun.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear the ribbed grips are great, but the lubricated grips are not recommended.
    ;)

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I've been hearing many good things about them since I started shopping for a 1911. they are one of the FEW with a transferable lifetime warranty. SO they must be doing something right if they're willing to stand behind what they build like that.

9. Morgo

Morgo New Member

STI make great value 1911s that really perform. I've had my Trojan (.38 Super) for years now, around 40 000 rounds through it and it still runs perfect, still nice and tight and very accurate :)

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Nice but pricey!!

If you are handy, get an STI frame and build yer own ;)

11. claimbuster

claimbuster New Member

Great guns. Have four STI's including a Ranger II, Trojan, Sentinel Premier and a Lawman 3. All of them are worth every penny I paid for them. My Lawman 3 is a 9mm and a 45 version is on my list.

Definitely a good choice.