STI Spartan

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by eborden1122, May 11, 2014.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Any opinions on STI 1911's? Good or bad. Thank you, Ed

2. Yelsew

Yelsew New Member

Have had an STI spartan 4" in 9mm and couldnt be happier. It has not malfunctioned yet and will shoot any ammo we have tried in it. The fit and finish was better than expected. For the money, it is an amazing buy. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399838693.442636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: May 11, 2014

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Nice! what did that Run if you don't mind me asking? The RIA 5" Tactical 1911-9MM was just under $400 OTD,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. Yelsew

Yelsew New Member

Got it at Cabela's new in box for $650 about 9 months ago. It shares the frame with rock islands but it is refinished by STI in Texas and it has STI's trigger, slide, and barrel.

5. DrFootball

Thanks...

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have a full size Spartan in .45 ACP, shoots where you point it. Has eaten various HP ammo along with any FMJ. Nice gun for the money.

A fully made in the USA Trojan can be had for about $1k, the price of new STI escalates rapidly from there.

7. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thank you, thats the exact one I am picking up and it is the same $$. Thanks again for the help. Take care, Ed

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the STI Spartans are built to STI specifications in a STI division of Armscor, then assembled at STI in Texas with STI internals.

http://www.stiguns.com/resources/faq/

STI is gaining a solid reputation among the owners who like to shoot 1911's. i have seen a few, and i have to say i was very impressed with what i saw. they appear very well made and niclely finished.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Judging from a lot of 1911 forums they are gathering quite a fan base :cool:

10. Axxe55

and they are made right here in Texas!:D

even though they make the frames and slides at Armscor in the P.I. for STI, the internals are made by STI and then the assemble them here in Texas.

i was looking at some of the Spartans on the STI website the other day, and even at MSRP, they are competively priced in relation to other 1911's in the smae class of quality.

11. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Actually, after manufacturing the frames, slides and barrels, the Spartans are assembled by STI Armscor in the Philppines then shipped to STI in Georgetown, TX for quality control and distribution. All warranty work is done by STI.

12. Axxe55

my understanding of something i read before a couple of years ago, they were assembled at STI in Texas with their internals. i'll have to look into it further.

13. DrFootball

I think a couple of competition shooters are shooting the 2011 doublestack frames..

14. DrFootball

My friend next door just came home today with a Spartan in 45ACP, with a conversion kit for 38Super.

15. Axxe55

beg, borrow or steal it, and do a range test!:D