Steyr M95?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Trez, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Found a Steyr M95 for $130...

What can you tell me about them? Should I get it? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You DO understand that- in the original configuration- is NOT an 8mm Mauser??? And it does NOT shoot 8mm Mauser ammo? Hard on extractors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr-Mannlicher_M1895

EDIT: If I recall, those used an en bloc clip system- shove clip into the magazine, it is retained until all rounds are used, and drops out. No clips= single shot rifle.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

3. gripper

gripper New Member

Interesting( and powerful straight pull in 8x56 mm)... ammunition sourcing can be hard nowadays. Buy. Store.Reload.

4. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

That the ammo is scarse. Fortunatly I reload then it becomes relatively inexpensive. I have two, and just bought a third.
    1 Austrian
    1 Hungarian
    ! Bulgarian contract.

5. budman46

budman46 New Member

i have two, one to shoot and another...well, just to have, i guess.

m95's need clips to function as repeaters...a single round must seated all the way to the rear so it can be picked up properly by the bolt with the rim being caught by the extractor. hand-chambering a round will stress and soon break the extractor, which are rare.

ammo is available from s&b or prvi, but no clips come with it...try numrich for clips and expect to pay.

i cast bullets and download for mine...even so, recoil is noticeable. they're nice, but not a starter milsurp for one looking to shoot.