Steyr HS.50 Cal .50 BMG

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by The Sheriff, May 31, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff New Member

Hello everybody,

does anyone here have experience in shooting rifles cal .50 BMG?
    What about the recoil? And what kind of scope would you recommend?
    I bought a single-shot Steyr HS .50 rifle some weeks ago, but I´m still looking for an Hensoldt 6-24x72 scope (and for a suitable shooting range - that´s not so easy in Germany ;) ).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2MzxTOl8o[/ame]

Your´s

Bernhard

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cool looking rifle! It would be fun to give that a try at loooooong range.

I'll probably never have one because I can get three cheeseburgers for the price of 1round. :D

Last edited: May 31, 2009

3. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

It would be pretty cool to have one, I just don't see how it's very practical. Not only are the guns expensive, the ammo is like $5 a shot. Plus check out this recoil, the shot makes the camera flicker:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIg368vs1TY&feature=related]YouTube - Steyr HS .50[/ame]

would be pretty cool to head to the local range and pull out a .50 BMG rifle and see what kind of looks you get from the other people at the range.

-Fred

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Never shot anything like that I have shot the Ma Duce though. (Browning M2 Machine Gun) Gods own MG.

I love that kid in a candyu store look you have while opening that puppy up......

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff New Member

Hello cpttango30,

yes, that smile in my face like it was xmas...:D

I also wondered why my gun-dealer was waiting for me with his camera...;)

Your´s

Bernhard

6. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

I'll tell you what kind of looks you'll get, ones of disgust and bewilderment. A couple of these tools roll in to a local range and uncase a couple of these beasts and setup in the middle of the whole line. Not once do they consider setting up on an end where the muzzle blast and noise becomes less of a distraction for all other shooters. Add to that the fact the range is only 200 yards max kind of defeats the point of having a rifle like this to begin with. It's seems to be the equivalent of the 15" lifted crew cab heavy duty "compensation" truck for most people.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

That is beautiful! I was lusting after one of those not long ago, but my skills don't justify that purchase. I wish you good luck finding a nice place to practice with it. A container of flour would make a funny target, i think.

8. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Whoa 9000 bucks worth! (in our worthless currency)

Can understand that smile though...bet you can't wait to find an appropriate (and large enough) range, Bernhard :)

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff New Member

Another picture, just to show the size of that rifle. At the moment I´m looking for cal .50 BMG ammunition.
    Yes, indeed, I can´t wait to shoot that little monster...

Attached Files: