261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

We are trying to find out just how many Stevens 425 High Power rifles were actually manufactured. We do not believe the 26,000 number quoted in the Blue Book and Flayderman's, nor do we believe the 10,000-11,000 figure quoted in Bill West's Savage & Stevens book. In the Marlin Firearms book by Brophy, he claims that only about 1,000 were manufactured between 1911-1917, and that might be a much more accurate figure.

If you have a Stevens 425 series High Power rifle, or know someone who has one, please post the gun's serial number on this forum. So far we have identified 18 guns, with the lowest number being #1050 and the highest #5302. The Stevens 425 serial numbers were lumped together in the Stevens' records with another Stevens rifle, possibly the Crack Shot No. 15, and the 425 numbers do not appear to be consectutive, so identifying individual rifles is important.

Please help.

Peter
Rear sight

Hey I have a highpower 425 with what I think has a rear tang style sight.
But still has the other style sight on it. Just though you would maybe find this interesting.
Hi,

We are trying to find out just how many Stevens 425 High Power rifles were actually manufactured. We do not believe the 26,000 number quoted in the Blue Book and Flayderman's, nor do we believe the 10,000-11,000 figure quoted in Bill West's Savage & Stevens book. In the Marlin Firearms book by Brophy, he claims that only about 1,000 were manufactured between 1911-1917, and that might be a much more accurate figure.

If you have a Stevens 425 series High Power rifle, or know someone who has one, please post the gun's serial number on this forum. So far we have identified 18 guns, with the lowest number being #1050 and the highest #5302. The Stevens 425 serial numbers were lumped together in the Stevens' records with another Stevens rifle, possibly the Crack Shot No. 15, and the 425 numbers do not appear to be consectutive, so identifying individual rifles is important.

Please help.

Peter
Hi,

Please help.

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Please help.

Peter
I have S/N 2832 in 35 Rem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Please help.

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
In response to your request, I purchased a Stevens 425 high power 30-30 Remington years ago from a cousin in Oregon. The rifle is in very good condition with over 90% of the bluing in tact, no checks in the stock, and a shiny bore with no sign of pitting. The serial number, which is located under the lever, is # 4268.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Norway, i have a Stevens 425 cal 30-30 rem serial # 2059 in good condition but missing the spring cover and the screw so if anybody have this parts too sell me i like too hear from you, i also need the carrier block spring and screw for a Marlin 1881 45-70, i also have various Winchesters 1866-73-76-85-86-92 and 94 and a Savage99 with a nice Stith quickrelease scopemount

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a stevens 425 in .30 remington. it appears to be a deluxe with checkered forearm and pistol grip.bore is 99%,wood and bluing as new. unbelivable condition for a rare gun. Serial number 3671.I will try to post pictures. I am tech. challenged.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts