Steven Segal on A&E

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Like him or hate him this guy just won't go away. All the hype surrounding him has apparently landed him a show on A&E.

Steven Seagal Lawman - A&E TV

Everytime I think of him I just remember the time Gene LeBell choked him out on the set of 'Under Seige'

I wonder if he'll appear 15months pregnant on this new series?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I hear it is more like 24 months there GOju....

I used to like Seagal when I was a kid I then grew up and seen that he was nothing more than a fat guy that can swing his arms around really fast OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH scarry.

There is no way in the world he is at the level of Stallone and Schwarznegger as far as action hero icon. I think Even Will Ferrel in his Land of the Lost was a better action hero.

3. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

I'd put real money on Chuck Norris to whip Segal any day. And these days, he reminds me of the bloated, corpulent, pre-overdose Elvis.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Well, he's certainly not John Barrymore, however, I enjoyed his movies.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I bet Charlton Heston could kick his azz. I think Clint would too.

6. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Admittedly I liked his first ones, but when he started directing and writing, his constant moralizing and preaching that he wove into the story lines got aggravating quick. It wasn't as bad as Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies, but it's annoying nonetheless when the actors start using the films to push their political views.

If I'm going to pay all that money to see action movies, I expect the actors to say little and just hit/shoot a lot of people while looking cool...and if the star is female, I expect to see her do it topless.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Danny Glover did what?? :confused:

I liked Segal initially, but then he started talking,and talking, and talking...building himself up and not letting the truth stand in the way of his carreer not to mention other things in his personal life that I won't bring up.

What happened to his energy drink? :p

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

He had an energy drink? If so, with the weight he's carrying, I'd say he drank it all. Those things are mostly sugar, anyway.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

10. 1919A4

1919A4 New Member

Watch the Lethal Weapon movies closely, not so much the first one but the subsequent ones. You will see blatant anti-NRA and anti-gun propaganda, from posters in the background to Glover's character's lines (and the whole story line in the third movie). You will also see pro-choice stuff, and the whole premise of the second movie, where the villains were South Africans, was at Glover's insistence, because he wanted to make a statement against the then-current government of that country. Glover is a huge Hollywood liberal and he's known in movie circles for trying to put as much of that crap into his roles as he can get away with. And since he's got the star power, he gets quite a lot of latitude when it comes to writing that stuff in.

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I was gonna stay out of this one, but...

Aikido is a boring art. If you looked at the lexicon of martial arts, and said "pick one that will look great in a movie," thumb wrestling would probably win out over Aikido. The man raised an interest in an art that most of the non-practicing community had never heard of.

While he has injected his politics into movies, none have been anti-2A. Some have been actually informative. The plight of all the people in Kentucky that he didn't kill in "Fire Down Below" touched me deeply.

I've had the energy drink. I assure you, it is beyond foul. And there is an after taste that reminds you of that for hours after the fact.

The bottom line is thus- He's a 60 year old guy that weighs gotta be 350, has a 1911 collection that J.D. would envy. He makes a bad movie every 6 months, but he's still working. He gets nothing but the hottest babes in said movies.

He lives life without care of what others think. That, in and of itself, has to be admired.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You're not kidding! Aikido is mostly making everyone else believe you can do something without actually having the ability to do it. Aikido seems to work well on other aikido players, not so much on anyone else except in Steven Segal movies,lol. The whole mystical 'ki' thing puts me off anyway.

True. The colsing arguments he gives at the ends of some of his movies has made me stop and think a time or two.

I do admire that, but that's pretty much it. :p

:)

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I guess you can't blam a man for pimping himself.

He does give to charity so he can't be all that bad.

He has a kick ass guitar strap. It is a snake with the head......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qw5bKTBQE4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21Y0hcUvaE[/ame]

Not my kind of music but I have heard worse.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  15. markerdown

markerdown New Member

He also has an awesome collection of stratocasters, he did a concert in thailand a year or so ago. :confused:.................markerdown

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Heard him sing. Not great, not terrible either.

But he does play the hell out of a guitar.

I admire those with a full life. It says, at the very least, that you made the most of something.

Nailing Kelly LeBrock when she was still hot, playing rockstar, and being interesting enough to be the subject of a thread here are honors shared by only two men. Seagal, and Tango.;)

17. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

I'll give credit to anyone who can set off a car's airbag with a half-assed forward kick. :rolleyes:

18. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I've always hated Steven Segal. He is a terrible actor. Same with JCVD.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Big fan here; i got respect for him when i found out he was with her. Alas, they haven't aged very well.

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Her downfall was her involvement with Tango. He tired of her, there was the kick to the curb, and the spiral began.

His downfall was when he realized he dropped Kelly LeBrock, and was never gonna do that well again in life. And there was no getting her back from Tango.:(