Steve McNair found shot to death.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Jul 4, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

This is sad. I was never a Titan fan, but Steve McNair was one of those players that played with heart and he played hurt. He was a tough guy. Most recently, he was on the 'Pros vs Joes' just a few weeks ago, and he showed his toughness even then. He was one of the good guys who did more than his share of charity work. He will be missed. RIP Steve.

Steve McNair Found Dead in Nashville -- NFL FanHouse

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I always liked him. He became a superstar even though he played college at a II A school. Seemed like one of those people that really loved the game not just the fame and money. Man its crazy how many celebs have been dying lately.

3. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

the celeb count keeps piling up. I still say this is part of Obamas health policy. RIP Steve

4. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

It really never ends.
    At least the girl killed herself. She seemed pretty trashy.

S.S.

5. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Are you saying they'd rather die than pay the exorbitant taxes?

6. 1984cj

1984cj New Member

Mmmmm.... Not like the guy that had a wife and kids who was dating said girl.

However my thought on this and the other celebrity deaths is "so? people die."

There are more important things going on in the world that the media should be concerned with than The Jackson Death or the Mcnair love triangle.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I am disappointed and saddened by his passing. Mount Olive isn't more than a half hour from me.

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

+1

Nothing else on the news for nearly a week because of media obsession with a freaky little pedophile. Now we will have one week of TV dedicated to a guy who played around on his wife and lost. Looks like McNair was pretty much a scumbag too.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

So, adultery is ok to be punished by murder? The man had a mistress, and that is something else with which his family has to deal. His huge mistake, but not something that can't be worked through. How many families have been affected by adultery from both sides? I don't think I would put him in the same 'scumbag' bag with the kid touchers.

Anyway, he was (in his athletic life) a good guy and a positive member of his community.

10. WDB

WDB New Member

I believe there was far more good in his life than bad. Sad to see him go out this way.

11. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Anyone else notice the title is NcNair?
    Idk, just something to look at.

S.S.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is a typo and nothing more. If I could change it I would. I am asking for a Mod to do so for me. It is my thread, and I meant McNair and nothing else.

"...just something to look at." What are you implying, SS? (btw, I looked before the at on preposition street) :rolleyes:

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Thanks be to the typo gods and goddesses! When I posted the story, there was no report of the affair in which he was involved. What I do know is that he was a very good QB and community guy as in charity, not Acorn. He was extremely tough and never a cry baby. He took responsibility for his actions, and I believe if his affair were to ever be made public, he would blame nobody but himself. The NFL is better for having men like him and not the 'Pac-Man' Jones types of players.

14. Comp23

Comp23 New Member

I am a huge Fan of Air McNair since he was drafted by the Houston Oilers. He will be missed..........luv ya blue!

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Skrew the blue!! lol

He was good. I agrue he was the best black QB eva!

Think about it, 13 years, MVP (yes co-mvp, but mvp), multi-Pro Bowl, and a leader of men. Tougher than Randall Cunningham and he never got arrested for domestic violence like Warren Moon. From little Alcorn State, and put them on the DII map. A whole offense was named for him. Bad judgement for going with a 20 year old (or is it...?). If we were all without temptation, then all of our women would be happy. :cool:

16. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

Nope, I'm saying Obama Ironically is bad for Americas Health. Ever since he showed up all this bad has been going around. Like the swine flu after centuries of going from pig to pig just randomly decided to try humans. And our President just happens to have a Health care plan.....

17. dirtbikingdad

dirtbikingdad New Member

They aired part of a friends speech, from his funeral, while I was on my way home from work. He wondered what would Steve say? He would say that he made some mistakes and that he was sorry. Hmmm. Sounds like he was human. I hope his family can forgive him and remember for the man that he wanted to be.