Steiner scopes

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by 1chas1, May 1, 2013.

1. 1chas1

1chas1 New Member

Looking to buy either a Swarovski or a Steiner. No experience with the Steiners tho. Anyone have one or has had one? Thanks

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have Steiner binocs and a Swaroski scope.

From that rather limited experience, I's pick Swarovski, no question.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

What type of shooting are you wanting to use it for?
    I've looked thru a Steiner scope,and it was a nice scope. I've always liked my 4-16x50 Swarovski PH scope for hunting,but if your wanting to do long range work,there are many others that will do you better for long range shooting.

Nightforce scopes are hard to beat,and their glass will run right with the Swaro. You can get the NSX series in several power ranges- 2.5-10x,3.5-15x,5.5-22x,or even larger.

I also like Sightron SIII scopes,their glass is up there with the high end scopes,but they don't offer FFP reticles.I prefer a SCP so that's never been an issue to me. I have 5 of these scopes,and have never had any issues with any of them.
    Vortex has a good following,but I don't think their glass is all that great compared to the Sightron SIII.
    IOR Valdada makes excellent scopes,and their glass is top shelf

If you have deep pockets,then look at March,U.S.Optics,S&B,or Premier. You won't find better optics than these.

4. 1chas1

1chas1 New Member

Thanks for all advice. Putting it on a Remington AAC-SD .308
    Pockets are not that deep looking to stay under 1500 if I can

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Sightron SIII scopes are well within your price range,as is the Vortex Viper PST,and also the Weaver Tactical scopes. All of these scopes are very nice optics,with great glass,tracking,and repeatability.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

You can get a Night Force for that price. Don't overlook Trijicon in your shopping. A little less expensive, but still damn good scopes.:)