States with a waiting period

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rerun33, Mar 27, 2013.

1. rerun33

rerun33 New Member

Was just wondering if any other states with a wait period for regulated fire arms purchases were having longer wait times? Here in Maryland we are supposed to have a 7 - 10 day wait period for background checks. Currently it is at about 8 weeks now. I'm on day 37 myself. These new laws they want to pass blow major **************! I was told in 2011 Maryland state police received 48,000 apps for gun purchases. In December 2012 and January 2013 they got 26,000. Any one else having problems waiting too?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Not a problem in MS, no waiting period unless there is a line at the counter.
    ;)

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

This may surprise you, none in mass

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Non in Tennessee!

5. rerun33

rerun33 New Member

6. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Bought a gun in Texas recently. They didn't even call in for a background check, cause I just presented them with my Concealed Handgun License. Ah, I love the laws here!:cool:

7. rerun33

rerun33 New Member

Ya my buddy who lives in Va likes to rub it in my face when he buys something and walks in and out of the store with it.

8. rodhank

rodhank New Member

Here in cali its awful the gun frenzy is like a sark feeding frenzy and the wait times are double or triple then you have to wait some more cause the lines are looooong i honestly think this is done on purpose to discourage people from buying guns by making the process ridiculous

9. davva360

davva360 New Member

Florida has a three day wait for handguns but no wait for long guns unless you put the long gun on the same 4473 form as a handgun purchase. Then you have to wait for both.

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

No wait in FL on handguns if you have a CCW or you're trading in a handgun towards the purchase of the new one, 3 days if you don't.. No wait on long guns. BC done to everyone, including those of us with CCWs. No BC or paperwork on a FTF sale.

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

There is no waiting period here. The dealers even try to package ammo in the deal!

12. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Move to Fla it Texas..

13. Garadex

Garadex New Member

10 days here in Kalifornia.

14. MisterMcCool

Are they waiting for a background check or cooling off period?

15. Cshooter

Cshooter Member

7 day "cooling off" period here in RI. That's for handguns and long guns. Backround check is fairly quick here.

16. 1911love

1911love New Member

Like someone who wants to shoot someone doesn't have a gun already or they will not commit the crime after "cooling off". And said person that wants someone dead won't use a car/knife/hands to accomplish their goal. Why isn't America calling for a waiting period for any item that might be misused?

I like how Texas treats the CCW as the BC. I'm lucky to have a great LGS that doesn't charge me any BC fees or other BS(Florida).

17. MisterMcCool

Does the cooling off period apply to people who already legally possess firearms?

18. 2ndfan

2ndfan New Member

Yep, I'm a retired Leo and still have to wait for 10 days!