States to avoid because of laws?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, May 26, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

One of our very esteemed members, IGETEVEN, recently stated:

This got me thinking about a conversation my wife and I had the other day. We were talking about vacations and such. She mentioned going to California for a while. I boldly stated (blabbed), "I'm not stepping foot in THAT state."

She gave me the stink eye. I then explained how I feel people in Cali and other states have less rights and priveledges than we do, mainly self defense rights!

We didn't end up agreeing that it was reasonable to avoid those states because of that, but..........

What states would you avoid because of their ridiculous laws? OR would you at all?

2. camiller

camiller New Member

Well, with regard to most states like Cali I'd put it in the "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" category. I don't think I would rule out any state if the benefit of visiting there outweighed the moral cost. I wouldn't refuse to attend a conference related to my profession just because this year it was in Cali for example. But I wouldn't move there.

3. user4

user4 New Member

Massachusetts+Plague=avoid
    New York= See above

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Hawaii.
    I checked to see if it would be possible to bring a gun on vacation. Never mind. I'm certain that some European countries might actually have less restrictive gun laws. :rolleyes:

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I suggest a more friendly state that could recognize your rights....Florida....

(The more tourists that come, the less chance of our having state income tax enacted.)

6. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Pretty much take this map by the Brady Bunch and reverse the scale meaning 1=the best states to visit, 5=Where the Brady Bunch had spit on the 2nd ammendment...

[​IMG]

OFF Topic: It's interesting to note the correlation that the Brandy Bunch makes here...'10 of the 14 shootings were in states with the weakest gun laws'. Maybe, but 80% of the states on your map are what you call the weakest gun law states, so you would expect 80% of the shootings to be in those states and 20% in the restrictive states.

So what does it say when the 20% of states made up by your restrictive-gun-law states account for 28.6% (or 4 out of 14) of the shootings? Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

The trip is already booked.
    Been to FL a number of times. I've got family in Bradenton. This year, the wife & I agreed: Just a vacation without the drama of visiting family. We were going to do the Alaska Cruise thing, but we waited too long to try & book something.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm going to have to concur with that reasoning. I don't see any one state as being so overrun with Gov't that it has become a Police State. Just like NY I am sure once you get away from the urban clsuters that Cali is a beautiful state with wonders to behold. If it weren't for NYC, NY would be a fantastic place to live and even as bad as NYC is NY is still a damned good place. Now Jersey on the other hand ... well that place just sucks! <:p Pyle!!!>

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Joisey. 'nuf said.

10. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

Massachusetts in the Northeast. The most effed up state as far as firearms goes. Vermont and New Hampshire A+ !!