Starting my first build tomorrow night

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by lifeguardkliff, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lifeguardkliff

lifeguardkliff New Member

Adams arms 14.5" mid tactical Evo upper
    Spikes tactical stripped lower
    Rra lower parts kit 2 stage trigger group
    Mbus sites
    Magpul acs stock
    I get to pick up my lower after work tomorrow and start my build as soon as I get he still don't have all the parts I want but I can still set to the range and shoot

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Congrats and have fun! AR builds are like lego sets for adults. I thoroughly enjoy building.

3. lifeguardkliff

The build is only gonna be half the fun I've never shot an ar and have spent months researching and figuring out what I want and now that its all here in front of minus the lower I'm not sure I'm even gonna sleep tonight

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

You got the virus! There is no cure!

5. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

No kidding! And it only gets worse with each one you build! eek!

6. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I'm infected, damn near look like a zombie at this point after 16 or so builds. I heard a rumor cocaine was addicting , B.S this is worse. My biggest problem is i still have one 80% lower just laying around. It calls me at night , and in my sleep!!!!!!! Help me!!!

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well, how's it going tonight? Hopefully the lower went well!

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

The ar15 is like the old m1 carbine just a damn fun gun to shoot. Once you get it done and touch off that first round your going to jump up and find some one to slap you so you can say why the fk didnt i do it sooner!!!!!!!

9. lifeguardkliff

Everything went very smooth originally when I opened up my lower parts kit I thought oh **** what did I get myself into and it didn't help rra didn't send any instructions or even a list of what each part was for but I did my homework and by he time I got my lower in my hands i felt comfortable it only took an hour to put the lower together I even got to use my carpentry skills when I made a magwell vice block here's the before and after I still plan on sending in the lower upper and hand guard to get cerakote applied but that can wait till after I shoot

Attached Files: