Started as one debate, ended up as two...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by USMC_Richey, Oct 20, 2011.

1. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

My cousin is a ranger, and because of this, he thinks he is a know it all because I'm just a marine that scraps. We got into one debate and ended up fighting about two concepts just minutes later... So to settle it, I wanna see what you guys have to say.

First off:
    Which 9mil is better, M9A1 or Glock 17?

Second:
    Which is better, EoTech or Aimpoint m4s?

For the record I'm for the 92 and the EoTech.

2. Kabraxis

Kabraxis New Member

i agree with you. but maybe because im a marine that scrapes too? (in the making at least)

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I really don't know much about any of the items you asked about but doesn't just matter your personal preference? I'm not sure there's a hard and fast answer for your questions.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How about this response from a fellow Marine.

All 9mms suck, get a 45 and real men use open sights.

If forced to pick between those items I would go for the M9 and the Eotech.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I agree ;)

SEMPER FI

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although the Glock is okay for some people, it is not for me.

I like the EoTech.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Former military police us army. Both glock 17 and m9 suck major rocks. Neither is a natural pointing gun both feel like your trying to hold onto a 2x4 covered in oatmeal.

Either springfield xdm or 1911 is the way to go.

Not a fan of red dots open sights are faster. They are great if your an untrained shooter but a detriment to someone that has spent he time to learn irons.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Between the glock and M9 i vote the glock just because the Glock is what i was first introduced to when i first started in LE and have used them for duty ever since.. I am with you on the Eotech, its what i use on my M4

9. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

How about your a boot and your just jealous because your not an officer. ;)

So I'm forcing you and you're on my side. Perfect. lol

While the xdm is a fine gun and 1911's are always nice (especially nighthawk), I still like the m9 better. The polymer frame ruins it for me on xd's and if I were to get a 1911 I'd have to drop 3k and get a Nighthawk. I impulse buy, don't tempt me... :p

Yeah I hear ya, a lot of people are like that. For that reason so many people love glocks because it's what they know and have always known: simplicity, accuracy and reliability.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

The GLOCK was more comfortable for me to shoot, but my accuracy was better with the M9. I pick M9 in this case, because hits count.

Eotech or Aimpoint? No opinion, I never used either of them.

I would still take the SAW over any other weapon offered to me. Even a 3k dollar nighthawk.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yeah m9 due to the fact its not "plastic". and definatly eotech. but im with the others. irons are by far the best

semper fi

12. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

But there's just something special when you hold a Nighthawk.. Like, this is what God would have made if it were a pistol...

And regarding that saw, yeah um... I get into too much trouble with that gun so I'll just be happy with my m4. :D

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Real men can drive nails with a set of optics or iron sights just the same.. Im well trained with both...and i am a real man sir

14. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Okay so just to be clear with everyone. I USE IRONS ALL THE TIME. Batteries are unreliable and unless you have storage for them, in the field they will bite you in the ass. With that said, you can use your opens through an eotech if it runs out of battery. My mp5 has a space underneath its eotech so you can do the same thing. I just think it's a nice touch especially with full auto scenarios. Like with the saw for example, using an eotech with one is awesome (but I do like me some acogs :D).

I just think Aimpoints are waaaay over priced for just a tiny red dot.

15. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

I like your style MrWray. Well done sir.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Message to brother from a RETIRED Ranger- Real men use a K-Bar or Gerber- and if a handgun is really needed, it is a 1911A1 or a suppressed Ruger 22!

:p

17. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

All 9mm's suck, so neither.

Both become a rock when the batteries are gone, so again, neither.

Nuff said.

eldarbeast

18. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

You guys are really gunna make me go buy a 1911 arn't you...

"Ring.... Ring.... Hello Nighthawk? I need to buy your grp recon."

19. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

I don't like you... :mad:

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's okay man, I'm gonna have to get one too and I'm a revolver man.