Starbucks Now Anti-gun

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by priell3, Sep 18, 2013.

1. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

2. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

Too many people that wouldn't otherwise open carry strap on their pistol or toss an AR-15 over their shoulder and make a special trip to Starbucks, then make a big deal about it. I saw some dumbasses in Virginia with drop leg holsters, tactical vests, and the whole getup at a Starbucks a few weeks ago, oh, and a camera, making sure that everybody in and around that store knew that they had their guns on them. My thought was, it is people like that that give people the wrong idea about open carry. I was embarrassed for them, and me, I was carrying my OC firearm, it is large, but holstered on the belt, it isn't screaming "hey, look at me" but I felt like people would automatically associate me with those other guys.

JMD

3. colmustard

colmustard New Member

but I thought just a year ago some left group tried to get them to change their policy to not allowing guns in and starbucks said no, and that those leftest staged a boycott on valentines day, so a crap load of gun owners suported them? Maybe this is by franchise to franchise because my local starbuks is fine with firearms.

4. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

If one of the franchises doesn't want my business then none of em do. I'll get my frothy coffee somewhere else.

5. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

No big deal I've been anti-Starbucks for years.

$6 coffee? They can shove it, WITH extra cream!

6. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

let's not overreact. that instruction sheet is not terribly onerous

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

When is open carry the exercising of a right under the law? When is open carry being abused by a few. The old adage is, an armed society is a polite society. A polite responsible individual would carry a firearm in a non-threatening way. The want to be "Swat" teams and Sand Box Army Rangers are scary.
    Most gun owners are embarrassed by the antics of these people. It makes anyone nervous when a group of armed men invade any public facility and act up in a Juvenal way. This is going to create a political back lash and we are all going to suffer.:(

8. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Sounds like they are trying to get therselves added to the BGs "soft target" list........:eek:

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anyone willing to pay $6 for a cup of coffee is a soft target. Lol

10. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

They are not banning guns, they have simply requested that people not go in their stores brandishing weapons, acting like fools, and intimidating the rest of the customers. They never claimed that their stores are exclusively for gun nuts. Carrying a gun for legitimate purposes, such as self-defense, is one thing, but to dress up like a storm trooper or a TV cowboy hero and make a special trip to go in there to be an obnoxious fool will drive other customers away. And from the news article, it is still OK to carry a gun concealed in Starbucks, but just don't make a fool of yourself trying to impress customers who go in there for a cup of coffee.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Starbucks has not banned open carry. They have requested that you do not carry in their stores. They were not making a show out of open carry just quietly respecting gun rights. Open carry proponents created an issue with "Appreciation" days which were not needed.
    If Open Carry is a Constitutional Right why do you need an appreciation day? :)McDonalds Corp founders have dumped millions into gun control efforts. Why are they exempt from protest? :(

12. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

My local news today said that Starbucks is no longer accepting Gun's inside their stores they also said you would have to check them in at the front door how the hell would they do that.

said customers are getting nervous with all the people open carry and conceal carry in their store.

I say randomly go in the store with a hoodie on and a mask on stand in line holding a piece of paper like you're gonna rob the place then see how comfortable they feel.

13. AR10

AR10 New Member

SBs is not against the second amendment, they are against Rambo wantobees coming in and making the place unsafe for everyone, because they know the attention grabbing crowd are far more likely, troublemakers.

14. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Really

I would disagree anybody putting a ban on guns is against Second amendment

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

They're not antigun. They haven't banned guns on their property. They're only asking that people stop open carrying in their stores because they're tired of people using their stores to make political statements.

http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268

They were forced into this debate by BOTH SIDES. They didn't want anything to do with this debate. They're a damn coffee shop. They just want to make an honest living. They choose to not ban guns because they didn't care. They decided to just abide by state and federal laws instead of imposing their own.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Once again it is a few idiots that just fuel the fire promoting anti-gun folks agenda. By being stupid like the guy with the tac clothing, vest, drop leg and others. This letter simply is a move to defuse a situation by SBs. I do not take it as an anti gun agenda. Notice they advise they are not going to enforce it in the stores and do not want their employees to do so. And make reference to our Second Amendment Rights. Obviously it is those that make a big deal out of it that could contribute to the situation worsening. Let a dead dog lay. And S**** the anti gunners who boycotted! I'll bet SBs lost a lot of business because of their boycott $$$$$ :rolleyes: I will carry where I please, as long as it isn't on Aircraft and Federal Buildings. But I think open carry does cause issues and not my preference. So no one ever knows when I am carrying which is all the time. And if a perp comes in to commit a crime or shooting I will not be the main focus. Me having an advantage, by the time he realizes I have a piece he will be in deep S! I guess my thought is when a bank robbery occurs who is the first to be shot. Most of the time it is the visual armed security officer standing in the bank. Certainly it is the right to carry open carry but needs consideration and done with common sense and decency.

17. M605

M605 New Member

This letter says they don't want guns in there, but also says they won't ask them to leave if they come in. Little contradicting.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

STOP SCARING THE SHEEP!!!

Anyone who goes out of their way to demonstrate their rights...IE-wearing a long gun into a coffee shop...is not helping things...

The ghost of KWIKRNU is alive and well and this is the result...:mad:

19. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I don't as that as particularly anti gun. It's not pro gun, but to make everyone who is not for guns as being against guns is, IMO, a mistake.