starbucks "buycott" media attention

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jstrong, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its simply idiotic that whenever a person is killed in a crime involving a firearm, people blame the gun and not so much the person that commited the crime to start with. Purely lack of intelligence

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep, and a grand total of ZERO people were shot in Starbucks on Tuesday. More guns = more caffeinated people.

4. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Wow and I coulda sworn that would have been a blood bath :rolleyes: Im still not hot on the idea of open carry as tool of politics, but maybe it'll get people talking more...thinking more

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

A most excellent turn of events. It would be great for Starbucks to release sales figures for this V day vs past V Days records. I'm betting that carry advocates made it a record sales day for them.

Tack

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," Elliot Fineman

That statement right there says alot about the anti gun crowd.. They are a bunch of mindless morons that dont know anything about what they are talking about. Its rediculous how these idiots can be a threat to our 2A rights.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, sales figures would be most interesting. Dare I wonder how many armed robberies were committed in SB's on that day? Assaults? Rapes?

8. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I am a to StarBucks what a chinese slave laborer is to Apple.

If StarBucks told me to leave my guns outside of a 200 mile radius before entering the store I would.

9. boomenshutzen

boomenshutzen New Member

Man, Starbucks is ok in a pinch, but you really need to get yourself a Chemex and some good beans.

10. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Ok, you have my attention. Looks great. I can get some Costa Rica beans at Trader Joes. But how does it work? like a French Press?

just Youtube watched. I just might get one

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Blue- get some Hawai'ian coffee. They grow GREAT coffee- Kauai, Molokai, Maui, Kona side Big Island- they are even growing some on North Shore Oahu, up near Haleiwa.

Tastes like coffee SMELLS. I have friends there- I keep them supplied with Jumbo Virginia peanuts and BBQ sauce- they keep me supplied with coffee beans. Got a little electric coffee grinder- grind, dump into pot, brew.

12. boomenshutzen

boomenshutzen New Member

I've been through countless drip coffee makers, 3 or 4 french presses, and an Aeropress. The Chemex is the most elegant and, IMHO, makes the best tasting cuppa. Even cheap grounds taste good. I recommend the round filters as the square ones stick up kind of awkwardly.

I kind of like the ritual of grinding the beans, boiling the water and pouring it over. It wakes me up in the morning before the coffee even hits my lips. I think I'm even going to ditch the electric grinder for a hand crank model and go even more "low-tech".

Oh, and just so I'm not guilty of hijacking the thread, did anyone see THIS? Apparently a Starbucks in Fort Worth rejected the $2 bills as counterfeit AND called the cops on the "demonstrators" outside. Good grief.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/...-day-aar-the-buycott-and-counterfeit-2-bills/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

how do us mere mortals get some of that?

Chemex?

I read somewhere, there is a perfect temperature for brewing coffee. Somebody actually studied it, and IRC it had to be 204°F +/- 2°

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Best way is to spend enuff time in Hawai'i that you are considered to be Kama`aina (Hawai'ian for local boy) but if you can't do that....

http://ferraricoffee.com/

It AIN'T cheap, but DAYUM it's good. Go for 100% Kona- Blend is only 10%.

15. boomenshutzen

boomenshutzen New Member

http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/

All will be explained there.

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

you ain't kidding that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Dark or regular? Is it vacuum sealed? Should I buy whole bean and a grinder and grind as needed?

17. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

They make pre-ground coffee? :confused::p