Stanley Cup Prediction

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Daoust_Nat, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Okay, it is April (I know it is closer to May, but this should have happened three weeks ago) and time to predict the cup winner.

First off, the two teams I follow are toast. I follow the Flyers from where I was raised and lived for 38 years, and the Lightning, because that was all I had for a few years here in the Gunshine State.

All that typed, I am saying the hated, despised, NY Rangers will win the cup this year.

As a true born and raised Philly boy, I could not root for the Penguins, and usually would not root for the Rangers, but this year they will do it!

Sheeet, I really don't like either one of them, but the Penguins are worse!

2. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Need we say any more. Really?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Considering we got to see the last regular season game for my pick-

2013-04-27_20_30_11.jpg

but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Chicago Blackhawks. End of story. :)

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Dallas Stars!! Just kidding! I'm thinking hand Blackhawks but wouldn't be surprised by the Rangers

6. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

Gotta back this post 1000%- Go Hawks!!:cool:

my fan dedication aside, any decent team that gets their momentum now and in the winning direction could knock any other team with momentum out....difference is, no team really is or should be too tired or beat up after only half a season.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  7. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

EA can't even launch a blockbuster video game without screwing it up royally. What make you think they can pick the Cup winner? :) Although I admit it will be interesting to see how closely this matches the playoffs.

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

There isnt anyone on the planet that can honestly beat the Pens in 7.. :D

9. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Da' Cup ...!!

Do NOT underestimate the Bruins.... and they have the emotional thing going for them now also... can't knock their resolve as that city.
    Myself, I would like to see an Original Six match up for the cup... Old time hockey baby!!

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

detroit will choke.. yet again

11. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

You better look at the Bruins record this season against the Pens ... (Pens 3 - Boston 1).. Nuff Said! :D

12. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

First off ... GOD I LOVE TALKING HOCKEY !!! even if my Canes are not in the mix!! ... Second, you're talking regular season and this is the playoffs (and you know what can happen... ask The Redwings).
    I will however, admit that it, in all likelyhood, comes down to Pens vs Bruins for the Eastern title... AND THAT IT WILL BE EPIC!!!
    Bruins to the Pens; "I'll see your 30-something player and raise you a 40-something one !!"

PS... I had to add this for those that haven't seen it;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p11X-4fc7vc&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  13. leschrn

leschrn New Member

My choice is Blackhawks vs. Rangers with game seven going to the Rangers.

14. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Attached Files:

15. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, I picked the Rangers and they are out. I will revise my pick to the Bruins. The Bruins vs the Kings, and I think the Bruins win. Sad though, will have to listen to Jack Albert again, and he is as obnoxious as the Penguin announcer.

16. bcshadow

bcshadow New Member

Pittsburgh Penguins in 6 in 2013.

Vancouver Canucks sometime in the next 50 years... I hope.

17. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The best pucker , darn puckers...! :confused: :D

Yue Axxed....! :D

18. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Well the big news this week with the Rangers was Tortorello's firing. I like him as a coach... Would have a beer w/ him... but don't want to go fishing or hunting w/ the guy!!... Honestly, I don't get that. He took the team consistantly to the playoffs season after season (which is more than I can say for my Hurricanes)... Guess he said "F -YOU!" to the wrong person.

I don't think the Kings can stand up to the Hawks. Chicago already beat the best the West had in the Redwings.... BUT (as I predicted earlier in the thread..) this Pens vs Bruins for the Eastern will be a nail-biter!! I'm looking forward to that one!!

As for Canucks... They need to address the goal tending issue ASAP !! Luigi is good... but too streaky and unpredicatable and his ego blames others for that instead of manning up and getting better. Meanwhile poor Cory Schneider (the #2) doesn't get enough regular season ice time to be ready to step in at a moment's notice.... Especially when in the pressure of a playoff game!!