Standard velocity HP 22lr?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BeyondTheBox, Oct 28, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

All I seem to find online is high velocity. Not only does it seem pointless when shot from a handgun, but my 22lr handguns recommend only standard velocities. Don't get me wrong, I've shot HV through them and performs fine, just would rather keep to what's meant to be shot from them.

My purpose is to start testing expansion from all my handguns and determine which types are more reliable out of the different barrel lengths. I'd like to start with standard velocity and go from there, documenting it all for future reference and fun.

So suggestions would be nice. Thanks fellas!

2. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

CCI does or did make standard velocity hollow point ammo.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Many semi-auto .22s run like crap on standard velocity ammo. What guns are you running?

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You can probably fine CCi standard and green at most gun shops to try After that ordeing good stanadard velocity 22 ammo never seemed hard. Wolf and the same ammo SK have the same 2 loads made by lapua. federal has a low cost 711B and the better yet affordable line there 922A and there ulra match in the 15 dollar range and these two are loaded by loaded by RWS. Eley is the other label. Order here for most labels -
    http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php?cat=284 .

If you get serious about match shooting they will let you pick out of different lot numbers and when you find your favorate you can buy in bulk from one lot. Not that way when ordering from most catolag stores.

mountainman 13 I seem to find that standard velocity .22lr shoots fine from a pair of ruger mkIII, a colt huntsman a pair of ruger 10/22 and son in laws marlin 795. Thats all we shoot.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Looks lile I'm stuck with HV or one of those odd sub or supersonic thingies. Very odd they don't make standard velocity HP. So odd!

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

use Remington sub-sonic. All it is is standard velocity hollow points. Isn't that what you wanted?
    Rem sub-sonic 1050 fps
    CCI standard velocity 1070 fps

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

What do you need a Hollow Point bullet for. Many of us hunt with solids and make only head shoots.