Stainless vs blued

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by kaido, Feb 13, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, so I figured I'd ask.

Been looking at picking up a rifle (axis/edge) for a little bit now and theres three options for it. There's a camo version, one with a blued barrel then the third with a stainless barrel.

Other then being less likely to rust and giving the rifle more modern look, is there any other advantage to paying the extra money for a stainless version?

2. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

A stainless steel barrel will take a lot longer to rust, but will still eventually rust if not properly cared for. However, if you take care of your rifle and provide it with proper care and maintenance a blued barrel would still last you a lifetime.

3. kaido

kaido New Member

That's what I was thinking. Ive seen rifles that are pretty old, like world war two old, and still look almost new.

I just thought I'd see what otheres have to say about the two.
    Was thinking it might help save on weight, but the site I was on didn't show a difference in weight.

4. skeniger2002

skeniger2002 New Member

Stainless is a lil heavier sometimes

5. kaido

kaido New Member

Found a site that gave a little more detail. With the stainless it's an even 7lbs. The camo comes out to 6.8 and the standard is 6.5.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I prefer stainless because I don't like when the bluing starts to rub off.