Stainless Steel Guide Rods

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Robbie762, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Robbie762

Robbie762 New Member

What are the real advantages of stainless steel or titanium guide rods? I'm considering putting them in my 23 and 27 just because I don't like the idea of the stock plastic. Any noticeable improvements in the function of the weapon?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Look at the Sprinco recoil reducers. They are available in Stainless or Tungsten (more weight). I use them in my S&W autos and they work great.

3. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I'm no expert but I believe the durability / longevity of the recoil spring and you can also get heavier / lighter poundage I.e + p ammo heavier spring etc. correct me
    If I'm wrong though

4. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I have SS guide rods in all my semi-auto pistols. Is it better than the
    factory guide rod? I don't know, but it makes me feel better and
    gives me something to do.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I used to have those internal modding parts for Glocks like titanium striker, titanium plunger and tungsten recoil assembly. To be honest, i couldnt notice any major differences. Maybe there was... A very little milli seconds. I took them out and sold them. They are pricey and in my opinion the best internal modding part is only 3.5lb connector.
    Just my 2c.

6. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

I'm with trex. Little piece of mind with a ss guide. I'm sure the polymer is fine but it's me. Also with a heavier guide rod and spring it will reduce muzzle flip. I noticed a difference when I put it in my 23

7. Robbie762

Robbie762 New Member

Went ahead and ordered the stainless steel rod and spring assembley for my 27.....of course one thing led to another and I ended up ordering a set of fiber optic sights and an extended slide release for it also.

8. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

Heck ya! Lol. I'm the worst about doing that when I get online, but if it's for your ccw it's money well spent

9. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Who'd you order from ?

10. Robbie762

Robbie762 New Member

Glockmeister

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Rockyourglock has the best prices and the best shipping fees compared glockmeister or glockstore.