STAG or Spikes Tactical you choose and Y???

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by USMarineEJP, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USMarineEJP

USMarineEJP New Member

Which AR do you think is better and why? If you wanna reference another AR then don't post. Only interested in who know these companies. Thank You

www.stagarms.com

www.spikestactical.com

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Which models. Why those two companies? What for?

3. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

The simple answer is it doesn't matter. Both Stag and Spikes are good to go. The difference between the two...Stag does their machining in house, while Spikes contracts out...that's the last I heard anyway.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

There is a lot more to it than that. IMO each have a different target audience thus offer a different product.

As far as the machining I'm not sure how accurate your comment is. They probably wouldn't answer that question anyway, most seem to hold that info fairly close.

DD makes the large majority of their stuff including most of the fasteners they use. I believe DPMS makes most of their stuff as well. So you can see that making your parts in house doesn't always make a difference.

5. USMarineEJP

USMarineEJP New Member

Yea that might be true. But stag does make parts for Colt and S&W

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

?

We need more info to help.

link?

7. USMarineEJP

USMarineEJP New Member

I would say , compare models 1 and 2 with the upgrade kit from Stag Arms. And the last two 16 LE carbines on the last page from Spikes.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Don't worry about links we'll do all the work for you.

Why don't you do the research for yourself.

9. USMarineEJP

USMarineEJP New Member

Links r at the top, I did the research just wondering if any1 had experience, and what their opinion would be.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Your links do nothing but take us to the home page of the manufacturer. Have you wondered why you're not getting much help?

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

EDIT by Mod- quote of deleted post removed
    Lol. All their (Stag/Spikes) ARs are made to the same specs? Midlength or carbine? There's a lot to making a choice. Some of their (Stag/Spikes) stuff is good some not so good. What are you comparing?

And what does rocket science have to do wizardry?

Respect your user name and conduct yourself appropriately.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
  12. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

There should be a link on the homepage of both brands that will show you dealers near you. I would check them out and see if they allow you to test fire before you buy. That way you can get a feel of how they both operate. Thats how I ended up with my Olympic Arms AR instead of a Black Rain Ordinance AR. Just my 2¢ hope it helped.

13. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

Stag comes from CMT,its great metal colt and a number of other manufactures are made there

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

A link to where you found this information?

15. Bushman

Bushman Member

I chose to buy the Stag Model 2T over the other models I was looking at because:
    1. Quality parts.
    2. Good reviews.
    3. It had a great metal BUIS already on the rifle.
    4. It had a great free float quad rail.
    5. Comes in a hard case with a 30 round Mag.
    6. I got it for $950 out the door.
    To date, I have put around 1K rounds through it with no failures of any kind.
    I have a short review with pics, Here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-rifle-metamorphosis-36622/

16. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

I don't have a link but you can call them Continental Machine Tool

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Then where did you get your information. I'm curious and just trying to expand the little knowledge I have.

18. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

From CMT I called them years ago Ive built a few AR's over the years I contacted a rep that John Noveske referred and he said that stags and colt parts are all made at the plant and numerous other manufactures

19. vmkeith

vmkeith New Member

I'm starting to have a hard time following this thread. USMarineEJP, you asked for opinions on Stag and Spikes ARs. First, which models? Don't just tell us where to click, which specific models. Second, where are you getting your info from?

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'd be curious as to how things are today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.