STAG(lower) will mine work with Huldra upper?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by lilbailnick, Jul 1, 2012.

1. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

I've came across Huldra arms in a magazine and checked out their products which are made by mills fleet farms if I read correctly. I was wildly impressed with current mod of the piston driven AR and on the Huldra arms website they state that their uppers will work with any Mil-Spec lower. With little research of my own I couldn't find exactly any specific statement that STAG lowers are Mill-Spec. Only finding of which states that their buffer tube is Mil-Spec and barrel and or such. I have emailed Huldra about my question and being new to this forum or any forum at all I'd figure I would put my question to the kind folks here as well....Thanks for any and all input

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Stag should work, their stripped lower is milspec. I don't know about their receiver extension but it shouldn't matter (though I'd never buy a commercial diameter RE myself).

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Yes, Huldra uppers will work with any mil spec AR 15 lower.

I own a Huldra upper and run it on a lower I assembled.

Adams Arms makes the Huldra for Mills Fleet Farm.

4. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

So how do like it? And being that it's not only a piston upper but seems to be well priced aganist others! with some unique features that only Huldra has like their barrel treatment and BCG&Bt as well as their purging system and some kind special slides? along the BCG if that is indeed what I saw on some review videos about it

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have shot mostly Wolf steel case and it runs fine with it. I need to get some better sights or a red dot on it. No regrets about buying it.

Largest complaint is the clunky handguard sized to fit over the piston.

I don't run three gun or shoot weekly, so none of my guns are under high stress.

6. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Huldra Arms is Adams Arms brand using their proprietary piston system. Every review on Adams Arms drop in piston systems I have seen has been positive for the most part, so the upper should be ok. Just a reminder, do your own research. With all the hoopla about piston AR's, like anything else, there are some companies making good products, and some make crap. There are companies out there making DI system guns that are just as reliable because the QC is better than other companies. Personnaly, if I were to buy a complete piston upper now, I would probably go with LWRC. They got a longer track record on the piston AR's, and POF is way too expensive.