Stag arms

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JuniorRanger, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

M looking at the stag arms model 3. Any thoughts our experience with this rifle?? thanks!

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Stag makes decent gear especially for lefties.

Personally I'm not a fan of the rollmark, but they make decent shooters. For a wee bit more money id look to a Colt. Have you priced a Spikes for about the same cash?

What's you intended use? Ranges? Primary ammo? Budget?

3. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I'm looking on using it for some long range target shooting. I like the 5.56 so that's my primary ammo. And I would like to keep the cost under 1,000

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Um what's long range to you......1000 yards? 1 mile?

200 yards 400 yards?

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If your wanting to push the limits range wise w/ an AR you might want to look into 1:8 Wylde chambered AR.

I think Stag came across our little site and has been trolling. Do people not take the time to read other threads titled the exact same thing?

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If you looking at something for long distance I suggest a longer barrel 20-24" with as tight of a twist as you can get IM thinking thats about 1:8- 1:9 on a 24" barrel so you can use a heavier gr bullet

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Interesting observation......

8. USMarineEJP

USMarineEJP New Member

The truth, if your looking to shoot 200-400 yards you are perfectly fine with a AR-15, and you want to got with a 1/7 twist to shoot a heavier grain round. A 16 inch barrel will be fine. The true spec for a AR 15 for targets and range is 800 meters for an area target. At this meter or yardage you round will impact the general area of the target. The range for a point target is 550 meters , this means you can consistently put a group within 5 inches of a target at that range. Im sure any other Marine could testify to that.