stag arms model 3g

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jessal2003, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jessal2003

jessal2003 New Member

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a new stag arms model 3g for 3 gun competition. Can anyone who owns one give me some feedback on it? Want to know if I made a good choice.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'm a firm believer in asking for advice before purchasing something.

It looks to have a bunch of nice accessories but it doesn't give any info on the important stuff.

I don't know if it was the guy in the video or the AR but it sure didn't seem very smooth.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Hope your shoots better than the one in guns&ammo mag.

4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I would have to agree with mj.

I'm not sure about the stag part, because I don't have a Stag, but my Spikes rifle is set up almost exactly like that, minus the offset sights. I can say that the stock and hand guard are awesome, my rifle has both.

Most people I've talked to are happy with their Stag, so hopefully you will be too.

-Fred

5. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

I shoot on just about everyday. They are great!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3g0yZiFDkw[/ame]

Are you planning to use one for competition or something else? Feel free to holler at me if you need any help getting setup for 3 gun.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

SHOW OFF ><

nice shoot btw :D

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah...looks like you need to speed up your pistol there, Molasses!! :D

Just kidding...that was awesome. Do you know if they do any 3gun around Tulsa? I shoot at Red Castle, and I haven't seen anything in the newsletters. Lots of shotgun/cowboy/ LR silos....but no 3G.

I'd like to check it out in person, I'm 2/3 there as far as weaponry but I haven't a clue as to where to go and watch/try as a first timer.

PM if you wanna reply, I don't want to COMPLETELY hijack the thread. :)

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

jti, great shooting. One question, how much of your Stag is stock and how much of it has been worked over or modified? Is that the exact same rifle that can be picked up at a LGS?

9. Okie_fd

Okie_fd New Member

Awesome job! I would say more but don't want to get off topic.

10. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

Sorry for not responding sooner. I guess my instant notifications aren't so instant.

I have modified my rifle some to fit me. I use an ACE Socom Stock. I get a better cheek weld with it. They angled sides of the MagPul ACS dosen't agree with my bone structure. I use a low mass bolt carrier and buffer along with an adjustable gas block to further knock down the recoil and muzzle movement. It's not a big difference but you notice it when you shoot 10's of thousands of rounds. I changed out the magpul plastic grip to an ERGO ruber grip. I just like the feel of rubber more than plastic. Plus I have fairly large hands so the ERGO Deluxe gives me more to hold onto. I use a really loud comp called the titan as well. I run a LOKI Weapon Systems Nickel Boron coated bolt too. LOKI sponsored me prior to Stag Arms so its my way of saying thans to them and the Nickel Boron coating makes cleaning the bolt really easy.

I am sure I will change out parts monthly. I can't seem to leave well enough alone. My teammate Kalani Laker runs a stock gun with the exception of his compensator which is a Rolling Thunder.

11. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Thanks for the PM jtischauser...I'll check the site out. I'm very close to USSA so that is convenient.

Tried to PM back....wouldn't let me for some reason.

12. jtischauser

jtischauser New Member

It gave me some warning about not having my settings set right to recieve PM's but I couldn't find where to change them???

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I have a Stag model 3 and it is an excellent rifle. Contrats on your new rifle, go enjoy and report back ;)

14. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah, I'm not sure...I'm primarily on the phone app, so I don't get all the bells and whistles. Somebody will be along that knows and can help.