Stag Arms Customer Service

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by WoodysKJ, Apr 1, 2011.

1. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

Having an interesting issue take place. I call ed STAG on Wednesday, around 1 p.m EDT, and placed and order for three A3 Uppers and a pair of Left Handed Safety selectors. Total invoice was over $450.00, not too bad.

While on the phone I asked the sales rep if that would go out today and could he send me a tracking number he said, "No It will go out tomorrow (Thursday) and I will email you the tracking number when it is generated. UPS has come and gone for today." To which I said cool.

Thursday afternoon I call and got a different customer service dude. He said, "Our shipping is running two weeks after orders. It will go out within two weeks." I said that the guy on Wednesday told me a completely different story. He said no he didn't.

I come to find out today that they have debited my card for the $460.00+ and that i apparently have to wait the two weeks for them to get it on a truck. ALL items were in stock on Wednesday.

Anybody else been out and out lied to and had this crappy customer service from STAG?

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The best cure for that is to call and demand a credit be placed back to your card.

3. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

That is the problem, i DO NOT WANT the credit. I want the parts.

4. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

Just got off the phone with the guy who lied to me on Thursday. He said that my card should NOT have been charged until it is boxed and shipped. I asked if that means it has shipped, he said NO and wont today but told me it would ship on Monday.

To Be Continued........

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Are these LH parts? Did you not find them at a retailer? I have never had much luck ordering from the manufacturer.

Mon. is adequate.

6. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

One A3-M4 Left hand Upper assembly, One A3-M4 Right hand Upper Assembly and one A3 (NON M4) Right hand Upper assembly, and 2 left handed safety selectors.

All were in stock

I agree, Monday is Okay.

I purchased 3 Stag Lowers from my LGS for 90.00 each, new and stripped. Catalog price is 135.00 each. Consequtive SE#'s

I wanted Stag uppers and being a south paw, I wanted ONE for me to be a Lefty. I am building a Hog Killer right now with Stags 24" bull Barrel so I need it fairly soon.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Sounds cool.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hope they ship out Monday Woody. Consecutive SNs does sound cool!

9. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

thats nice to know ive never had a problem with stagg but its been a few years
    i was thinking instead of building an AR for my daughter and shes a south paw i would just buy one from them but if there getting to behind ill just get the parts and make the time to do it i guess

10. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with STAG. I hear and have seen their guns and they appear to be of the highest quality. I think that they are suffering from their own success. This can be a good thing depending on how they learn from it. This country is full of companies who started out making a great product and grew and didn't prepare or learn as they grew...

There are literally hundreds, maybe more, companies making parts for the AR15/M16. Despite the Govt.'s budget concerns, we are fighting a couple of different wars now and our troops need the goods to do the job. Enter the subcontractor market and all the different manufactures. STAG can choose to just be another one OR they can choose to be a great on who doesn't crap on the consumer cause they have all these govt. contracts. That is the easy thing to do and that is why so many other companies find them selves in trouble.

I hope they focus on the consumer as much as our troops. hell we might ALL be troops someday.

11. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

O no i so agree yo dont even know. there is nothing wrong with stagg as far as im concerned if you want an AR you should always go with them they have been making them second if not the longest most Ar's were being made in their factories for other brands before they could get their own manufacturing in place and the only Ar's i own are stagg and they also make THE BEST south paw uppers on the planet as far as im concerned i just dont want to have to deal with an overloaded C.S. if i dont have to Picking up what im laying down.;)

12. laynejc

laynejc New Member

If you want stag I understand, but I purchased a superior arms receiver because they specially made it for my daughter, her name is on the receiver and the s/n is her bith date.

13. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

that's really cool i will have to look into that. I have 14 Ar's in many differant configurations i lucked out i bid on a storage locker and got 6 huge boxes full of AR parts about four years ago and so i learned how to build them from books and trial and error it was all good stuff i just had to take in the lowers and have them checked out by 5,o and all of them are right handed uppers and i have helped her build a predominantly left handed lower and here soon were going to get her an upper that she likes we hydrodiped the lower in a purple digital camo its weird but kinda sick im a big stagg guy myself but as long as their mill spec i dont really care about the brand

14. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

the only lower im wondering about is that polymer one out of Arizona i wounder if it would hold up to a kids abuse :confused:

15. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

Update

I emailed STAG earlier today asking when the UPS tracking number would be issued.

The following email was sent in response to my question.

"Did you place an order with us, if so do you have the order number?"

At the time of placing my order over the phone, an order number was never given. But the primary point is I spoke at great length with the person who sent me that email, last Friday. I spoke with him after noticing they had charged my credit card for the 464.00 order, but was saying the order would not ship for up to two more weeks while all items were in stock.

At the time of our conversation he told me that he would see to sending me a Tracking number on monday as soon as it was generated. So you see my frustartion with his response.

My response to his email: "David, I know you work for a busy company, but do you NOT remember talking to me Friday about the order I place last week and how the shipping date was misrepresented to me and in our conversation (and Email) on Friday I mentioned how "Upset" I was that the shipping was, as reported by yourself, up to two weeks out but my credit card HAD ALREADY BEEN CHARGED?????

I WAS NEVER GIVEN AN ORDER NUMBER But I do want a tracking number for the order you told me on Friday "WILL BE SHIPPED ON MONDAY"

I will call you again to discuss this."

I called STAG and spoke with a young lady around 11 AM EDT, told her about my frustration. She apologized and promised that she would have a supervisor call me by 12:30 pm as EVERYBODY, except her, was out for lunch.

5:21pm, still no call from a supervisor.

Is it unreasonable for me to expect to get a response and to have the order that I have been charged for be shipped?

16. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

I just knew this would happen as I was typing the previous post.

I just received a call from a supervisor and he was VERY apologetic. He said that the customer service person I worked with messed up and they are dealing with the issue so it never happens again. Said it was an honest mistake that should not have happened. Said the shipment is out, 2 days to Louisville, so I should have it on Wednesday.

Further updates to come.

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sad but it's like this everywhere now. I've been on the phone two hours this afternoon trying to get some financial records straightened out. I've finally figured out to have them spell their name and give a direct phone number but that's like pulling teeth sometimes. Frustrating day, just like you Woody. Hope you get some headway tomorrow!

It seems today not only do you have to do your job but everybody else's job too. They sure ain't gonna do it.

ETA:
    Ah, that sounds promising...

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Glad that worked out for you.

19. laynejc

laynejc New Member

Got one that has held up to firing, not sure it will handle any abuse. Once its together, not really any way to remove the safety :( IMO it should be a complete lower for the price and how limited your options are with it.

Woody, glad to hear you are getting this resolved......finally

20. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

Good deal im glad that worked out