Stag Arms 2TL

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by vegasjeepguy, Oct 1, 2008.

1. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

With the very good possibility of having President Obama, I figured I should pick up one of these before we get another assault weapons ban.
    [​IMG]

2. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

A new assault weapons ban IS in the Democrat Party Platform.....

vote for the empty suit = get the gun ban !

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Vegasjeepguy - Welcome to the Forum and Welcome to the Black Rifle Club. You have a nice addition there. You are welcome in my foxhole when the Zombies start walking the Earth....

JD

4. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

"When there is no more room in hell..."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  5. junho806

junho806 New Member

nice AR man!
    how much did it go for?

6. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

I got the rifle, 2x30rd mags, 100 rds 5.56 for $1366.00 out the door.

7. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Can I have your M1A now?

I'm getting ready to build a couple of M4geries. After the winter break, I'll be making a call to Smith Enterprise finally.

8. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Nice combo ya got there. Is that tape or a sleeve on the end of your M1A stock?

I went with the Sage stock on mine, jury is still out on that one. But I kept the original stock in case I want to switch it back, also have a McMillan A-4 that I usually have on it.

Nice Stag, too. You can't go wrong with them.

Congrats on the new toy.
    Slo

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  9. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

Its the camo tape...Since I do a bit of shooting out here in the desert in the prone position, I wanted to protect the stock a little bit.

10. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

After spending a day out in the desert, I am very impressed with this rifle. I was thinking Eotech holosight before, but now I am thinking Trijicon ACOG

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Nice work, vegasjeepguy!

12. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Either would work well with your set-up. If you can afford the ACOG, by all means go with it. There's something to be said about not having to worry about batteries. I have Eotechs on a couple of mine, both in the "N" size and "AA" size batteries. I haven't really had any battery issues to date to speak of, but I'm pretty anal about taking batteries out of things that I know I won't be using for a while, and about keeping spares on hand. With the ACOG, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

I also like the magnification built-in on the ACOG, as opposed to the 3x magnifier that I have to mount if I want magnification on the Eotechs. The flip side of that would be...for close up work, I don't have to worry about the magnification putting things out of focus either, when I'm using the Eotech.

But, you can get the ACOG that has the built in red dot head's up display on the side, for close up work.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12846-225-trijicon-4x32-acog-rifle-scope.aspx

All it takes is....just a little more dough;)

Slo

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  13. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

^^^
    yeah, that is exactly what I am thinking

14. bkt

bkt New Member

Aw, why'd you have to go and show me that?!

15. matt g

Honestly Terry, the ACOG is a nice set of optics, but the reticle can get a little confusing until you get used to it. With the high price added in, there are better choices.

I'd look at 2 MOA Aimpoint COMP M3. They sell for about $500. They offer quicker target acquisition and with the 2 MOA dot, you're able to engage anything within the range of the AR platform.

16. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

Matt,

I'm just not a fan of the Aimpoint. A buddy has 3 AR's...one with an Aimpoint, one with an ACOG and one with an EOTech. I like the magnification of the ACOG and I'm not concerned about price. Maybe I'll have to do the same and buy three platforms...

17. matt g

If cash is no issue, then the ACOG is a great choice. Just buy a case of ammo to burn getting used to the reticle. Lemme' know how she handles, I'd like to put one on the M14 if I ever get the chance to order it before they're outlawed.

18. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

You mean like this one....

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7765-842-aimpoint-compm3-30mm-red-dot-sight.aspx

Actually...I'd like to try this one next. Specially with 80,000 hour battery life??:eek:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-9224-1268-aimpoint-micro-t-1-red-dot-sight.aspx

Slo

19. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member

[​IMG]
    a great day to be in the desert shooting
    [​IMG]
    zeroing
    [​IMG]
    the genetic gene pool

20. vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy New Member