Stack-on gun safes any coments.

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by Zamzow, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Looking at a stack-on gun safe. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

I personally didn't like them. I decided on a tractors supply winchester safe.

3. kaido

kaido New Member

I've got the 16 rifle safe from them. I don't have any of those evil minions referee to as children running around my house but I wanted something more sturdy then a bunch of hard lock cases. So far I've got nothing negative to say about them, but this is also the only product I've ever used.

4. twobilly

twobilly New Member

I have the 10 gun stack-on with the shelves on one side and I love it.
    I mainly collect pistols so I did make a few changes to mine for that reason

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would point out that a number of the Stack-On products are NOT gun safes, but gun CONTAINERS. While they are better than nothing, do not expect one to resist forced entry more than a few seconds.

6. Wilderness77

Wilderness77 New Member

I have the 24 gun stack on Elite fire safe with electronic lock and have been very happy with it.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a couple of the stack on 28 gun safes , the fire resistant ones , they are ok , If i had to do it all over again I would go with a 60-80 gun liberty and be done . They are pretty decent for the price and they serve their purpose but there are better ones out there

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had a stack on gun cabinet. I bought it when I first started out. It had a couple 22 rifles and a mossberg 500 in it. Two years ago I went on vacation. I realized that I had about $10,000 worth of guns in that $200 cabinet. I piled plywood and junk infront of it. I then parked my truck right up against it in the garage. About a month later I bought my safe. I paid $800 for it. Worth every penny. I now have about 18 handguns and 15 long guns.

If you are talking about a few cheap guns you want to keep away from the kids fine. If you have a valuable collection...get a real safe.

9. twobilly

twobilly New Member

. While they are better than nothing, do not expect one to resist forced entry more than a few seconds.[/QUOTE]

Bull **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

These are made to keep honest people honest and nosey people's finger prints off. You Tube has umpteen videos on how to pick simple locks.

Any gun collection, big or small, deserves a system to maintain their ultimate security.

11. AR10

AR10 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Twobilly- I was pointing out that SOME of the Stack On products are not safes- they are "security cabinets". http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/193

A "security cabinet" is light gauge steel, and can be forcibly entered (crowbar) fairly quickly- and that the buyer should understand the difference between a safe and a cabinet.

And that is no BS.

13. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Here is my safe, 1 inch solid steel plate door., steel & ceramic all around.

[​IMG]

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

Nice set up!

Cardboard attracts bugs, I learned that sailing. Sailors empty all cardboard into zip loc bags.

Some of the glues, dies, in the processing of the cardboard, seem to be candy for tiny creatures.

Cardboard also attracts moisture.

Think about going plastic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  15. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Well I went with a stack-on 8 rifle/shotgun safe. Pretty happy with it right now. See how I feel about it with time. Thanks for all the info.

16. BERSATHUNDER9HC

BERSATHUNDER9HC New Member

stack on 5 gun safe

I have had a stack on for 3 years . It holds five long guns but of course it is a tight fit! It has two shelves and three locking points. Im not sure if you want combination, key or biometric lock . Mine is combination and you have to be right on every number or it won't open. I paid $350 for it and have been very happy.

17. Ranger185

Ranger185 New Member

I have the same one bolted to the concrete floor in the basement for safety and because its also water tight and will fall over if flooded.

18. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

Some burglars want to be in and out fast and anything locked will defeat those .