St Louis Lawyers Have Firearm Seized

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Gatoragn, Jul 11, 2020.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I keep hearing about these threats, but have yet to see or hear them. My response would have being to watch them and if they did not come unto my property ( like in this case ) i would have done nothing. What i would not have done is leave the relative safety of my house, and start waving and pointing a firearm at people that at that stage were just walking past. Had they the right ( others will decide that ) was it the smart / sensible thing to do no. You would have difficulty finding any compliant self defence instructor, or anyone that had a clue on self defence, advising anyone to do what they did.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Oaktree45 likes this.
  2. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Well-Known Member

The police have applied for warrants in the McCloskey case but the prosecuting attorney still hasn’t issued them. A lot of politics afoot here. Here’s a fact that is being overlooked, before any demonstrator had set foot on the McCloskey property the couple were already armed and yelling at demonstrators they were trespassing. Sorry, who made them the Sheriff of Nottingham? Maybe they should have called 911 first. The police have no record of a call from them during the time of that incident.

Here’s another fact too many want to ignore, one half of the pedestrian gate was open and unbroken when the protestors entered Portland Place. However, there is no doubt in my mind that they did break the other half at some point during the altercation.

Had the McCloskey’s remained on their porch and said nothing to the protesters, none of this would have happened. The protesters were headed down the street to the mayor's house for the protest. The organizers and clergy did a good job of keeping this from escalating into something much worse.

A couple of days later 38 residents of Portland Place issued a public letter condemning the actions of the McCloskey’s. Many of the homes on that street now have BLM signs in their front yards.

I would love to know if the McCloskey’s have security cameras installed on their property. I think it would be unusual for rich people living in a mansion not to have such cameras. Maybe they are waiting to see if they end up in court before they produce any video evidence of their innocence.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Wake up. You will NEVER hear or see them because they don't fit the agenda.
    The media tells you what they want YOU to hear, not what actually happened.
    That's why you haven't heard s**t about the 1500 black on black shootings in Chicago this year. It doesn't fit the agenda.
    As long as there is political gain to be had the media controls the narrative.
    Ever since Floyds death the media has been out to demonize anyone who doesn't agree with the mob mentality and anyone who supports the police.

Sniper03 and Ghost1958 like this.
  4. manta

If there is no evidence of the threats, why do people on this forum keep repeating the crowd threatened, we will burn your house down, we will kill your dog, we will take your gun.

5. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

We are all making it up.
    Happy now?

Ghost1958, ellis36 and Gatoragn like this.
  6. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

The Communist trash was on their property! They broke down the gate to private property they have ownership in!

Ghost1958 likes this.
  7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

The last time I checked, being armed on YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY is NOT a violation of any law ANY WHERE, and with in your RIGHTS as spelled out in the CONSTITUTION!:mad:

8. manta

Its the pointing it at people bit, could be a issue. Not being armed on your private property.

9. manta

Probably just me then, i don't post things as factual unless i can back them up.

10. JimRau

The info I got was that they did not point/brandish the weapons.

Ghost1958 and Sniper03 like this.
  11. manta

He did not, she pointed a handgun at the protesters with her finger on the trigger.

12. JimRau

Roger that, she should have taken my class!;) But even then, with the violent history of the 'rioters', she could say she 'was in fear'!

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  13. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Well-Known Member

Yes they did point the weapons at the protesters. All you have to look at is where how her finger is positioned on the trigger and you know she has never had any type of training. With the grace of God there was no accidental discharge of that gun.

5ef954f727755.image.jpg

14. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Grace of God and the fact the pistol was not functional.

15. Ghost1958

She pointed her pistol at the protestor that threatened to disarm her.

I know her detractors probably wont but if you look at the videos she is on higher ground than the mob. And except for that one point in the incident is holding the muzzle of the pistol well above their heads.

Two people vs a 300 or so person angry mob they are legal to point at the mob in MO or shoot them.
    They showed a goodly amount of restraint.

They have a lefty prosecutor with a sketchy record and as Jim said a group of cops willing to violate their oath.

kfox75 likes this.
  16. mrm14

mrm14 Well-Known Member

I've seen these videos since they first came out. (1) To me it's extremely obvious that they both have absolutely zero knowledge of how to handle firearms and most likely couldn't deliberately hit the broad side of a barn door at 5 feet if they tried. Pathetic. (2) I did see a couple of videos early on that showed a tore up gate and protesters throwing out some threats. However, as much as I try, I cant find them now. Most likely they'll plea bargain out in the end and get a three year probation. Hopefully, when they get their firearms back, which unfortunately may be a few years, they'll seek out an instructor, learn how to shoot, and get some guidance on what to do and not to do when this type of situation arises.

17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

IMO,
    I do agree on a couple of things. Number 1, She looks like she probably has never fired a gun or been trained for sure. Number 2. The location of her trigger finger "Scarry" Number 3, She should have not pointed the pistol directly at them unless threatened closely. Number 4, If they were going to go out of the home which they may or may not have had time depending on what was going on at the time? It would have been best if they would have called the Police first before going out. Once again if they had time??? Who knows first hand, where they were or what they were doing. I do not know about all of you but I have worked hard my whole life and thankful for what I have! And no destructive rowdy, trespassing, punks are going to destroy it or hurt my family.;) But I probably would have possibly handled that situation a little differently. Like I said call the Police first, then get my gun/s and stand by until I needed to show force or use it. If they would have just been walking by on the road or sidewalk, I probably would have stayed inside watching and on the ready. That is just me, unless the need came to physically engage them for what ever reason.
    But once again, I was not there! ;)

mrm14 likes this.
  18. manta

Yes she could say that, but most people in fear would arm themselves and stay in the house. Leaving the house and confronting them would go against that defence.

19. Ghost1958

They wont have to plea bargain.
    Every official in MO Including the states att general has plainly stated they were within their legal rights.

There wont be any charges because there was no law broken to charge them under.

I'm guessing they will have their weapons back by week after next.

20. manta

How do you know the pistol was not functional, i missed that ? Cumming out with a firearm that is not functional would make it a even stupider thing to do.

kfox75 likes this.
  21. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

You have ever right to point your weapon at the threat And they were threatened.
    If he had left his inside, or or propped against a wall, or no magazine in it, and hers in her pocket or inside the probability is that they would have been attacked and their house ransacked.
    More of those they should have used their crystal ball, have know how far the rioters would go,...to get the rioters to agree to the rules of Hoyle,..... equal response to a threat BS!