St Louis Lawyers Have Firearm Seized

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Gatoragn, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-rioters-have-rifle-seized-by-police-n2572309

Authorities in St. Louis executed a search warrant Friday evening at the home of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the couple who made headlines last month when they took up arms to defend their home from protesters.

During the search, police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was shown holding during the June 28 incident, KSDK-TV of St. Louis reported, citing information from a source.

[…]

There was no immediate indication the McCloskeys were arrested or charged with a crime. The warrant applied only to a search for the guns, KSDK reported.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I am only surprised that it took so long.

The local DA is a Soros (no joke,do a search for her, for those who dont know he sponsored many DA campaigns) sponsored DA.
    Which guarantees she is a lifelong enemy of the republic.

So instead of charging the rioters and home invaders, she will charge those who defended themsleves.

This , from her perspective, accomplishes the following:

a) Furthers the false narrative of "peaceful protesters", which as a Soros sponsored DA she is obligated to do.
    b) Helps advance a narrative in support of further criminalization of self defense.
    c) Helps re-embolden the criminal foot soldiers of the left.

Note that nothing in that list has anything to do with "justice" because that's how the left rolls.

Sadly there are still a great many "mainstream" americans that have not grasped how badly many of our institutions have been perverted by the left for its toxic purposes.

And it is those people who are the PSYOPS targets for items a) and b).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. No charges , yet a search warrant ordered and legal firearms taken.

4. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

It's the Democrat way, Ghost! Award the Force of Law to emotional fools and this is the result.

ellis

Ghost1958, towboater, bluez and 2 others like this.
  5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

As i said pointing firearms at protesters, not the smart thing to do. They could have secured their property without doing that. Now they will pay the price financially and possibly end up in court.

Chainfire, W.T. Sherman and Nmwabbit like this.
  6. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

This is interesting. Missouri has its castle doctrine apply accross the property, not just the domicile. The assertion that the "demonstration" was "peaceful" should mean nothing.

Wealthy, lefty lawyers should've seen this or something similar coming and hired private security to watch the house while they (and their guns) take a trip outside the district. Perhaps a fishing trip to relieve the stress.

big shrek and alsaqr like this.
  7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Sir,

there are no facts to back up your statement.

There were no "protesters" but people who had broken onto his property by destroying this gate and threatened to kill him and his wife.

-The "pointing firearms at protesters, not the smart thing to do"
    or the "brandishing firearms" are deliberately misleading phrases coined by the left journalists to deliberately mislead their audience.

- And no they absolutely could not have secured their property otherwise... the statements of the mob made this quite clear and the mob had already broken through their gate and so demonstrated a willingness to break thru their front door as well. Are citizens supposed to allow randoms mobs to bust up their house and stand by twindling their thumbs in the hope they will not get murdered?
    Also the mob stated they would come into the house and "live there".

- "Pay the price" is an example of a wedge phrase pushed by the left in cases like this...... to put a wedge between citizens and those of us unlucky to have been put into that situation... this is to falsely imply that "if they had only not done" X,Y,Z .. things would somehow be better.. its wrong but, it gives people a psychological "out", to rationalize away their understanding of what they know is actually happening..

With as many people as have been murdered by these mobs in recent weeks and you hardly ever hear about it because its buried by the left stream media... rest assured if they had been murdered by the mob.. the leftstream media would not have cried a single crocodile tear about their deaths and would not have published a single phrase about them misleading or otherwise.

I wrote this detailed response to you in the case you make your posts in good faith (?) and not here as a deliberate provocateur.

Your 3 sentence paragraph included 2 dubious claims, 1 emotional appeal and one wedge.. Such a high density of rhetorical tools in so few words, is usually the sign of deliberate AgitProp.

Its what "activists" do when they go onto forum with the sole intent to damage the discourse there.

PS:
    This reminds me ..I need to go back to the leftist forum I have infiltrated and do the same there... just to do my part to take the fun out of it for them to spread their venom.
    When you take out the fun and create negativity it will lower their log-on and posting frequency and so make it a less effective networking tool.
    Its just very difficult for me emotionally, for one I dislike subterfuge... but also.. every time I am on there, I feel like I am suffused by mental illness and their hatred for all that's good and healthy...after logging off I often feel I need a stiff drink to wash their evil off me.

AgedWarrior, big shrek, JTJ and 7 others like this.
  8. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

It’s how the left operates. Like the couple that painted over the BLM that was painted on the street. They were charged with a Hate crime. It’s a anti-white, anti-conservative agenda.

big shrek, JTJ, Caveman Jim and 5 others like this.
  9. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri...have-rifle-seized-during-police-search-report

"...In the June incident, Patricia McCloskey said, the couple was startled just before dinnertime when “300 to 500 people” entered the gated community where they live.

"[They said] that they were going to kill us," Patricia McCloskey told Hannity on Monday night. "They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, 'That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room’.”"

The couple said protesters also threatened to harm their dog, which was outside the home at the time...."

10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The fact remains. The couple broke no Missouri statute. Yet the cops willingly went along with this lefty harrassment move

I imagine the guns will be returned in a few days to avoid the million dollar civil suit I'm sure the couple will file

big shrek, Mongo, towboater and 3 others like this.
  11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

They are going to be some pretty rich people before long!
    The rioters tore down the gate on their property were trespassing and threatening harm to the couple and advising they were going to attack and burn their house. And as mention Kill them and live in their home!

Missouri’s “castle doctrine” is in the spotlight following a confrontation between protesters and gun-toting St. Louis homeowners that was shared in viral videos.
    The doctrine is a self-defense law allows someone to use physical force when they believe it’s necessary to stop what they think is
    “stealing, property damage, or tampering in any degree.” Missouri’s law gives individuals protecting their property more leeway compared to many states and permits the use of deadly force in cases where the person believes they or others are at risk of death, serious injury or other crime.

Missouri has a Castle Doctrine they had every right to protect themselves and their property. The Missouri State Attorney General spoke out today in an interview on this issue. He advised that local City Attorney and DA has a problem and has had serious issues before. Not to mention recently letting violent criminals out of jail in St Louis under the pretense of the COVID issue.
    So a 25 Million Dollar Law Suit for violating their Constitutional Rights and violating the Missouri Castle Doctrine should take care of the problem with the attorneys. And I would file it naming them specifically! The couple are also Democrats! Wonder how long that will last? Being scr*wed over by two racist liberal Democrat attorneys. Who evidently the DA or the City Attorney abuses their power seemingly quite often as referred to by the AG in the interview on One American News. :rolleyes:

big shrek, Mongo, G66enigma and 4 others like this.
  12. manta

The gate was not on their property, they were not rioters. I admit i missed the bit where they ( threatening harm to the couple and advising they were going to attack and burn their house. And as mention Kill them and live in their home!) is that on video, have you a link. ?

Maineiak, W.T. Sherman and Nmwabbit like this.
  13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Manta
    This is in no way meant to be offensive to you in any way but this is what I know and think.
    That whole division and street is private property and owned by the individual home owners who live there. The couple being joint members of that home owners association! It is not public property and had a gate that they tore down. Some of them actually came into the couples front yard up to a low wall in front of the house.
    But when they said things like we are going to burn your house down and we will be the ones who will be living there! All I have seen is the interviews with the man and his wife on several news stations. I doubt if they recorded it, but I assure you several of the peaceful BS!(Angry Protestors have it recorded) I saw them doing it. And shouting at the couple and shaking fists at them. Maybe they can subpoena some of the protestors phones filming and recording the incident. I saw them doing it on the video. Of course who took the Video that can be seen! 'The trespassers! But I would trust a home owner who has seen the burning, looting, theft and mischief regarding what has been going on who were frightened over angry supposed protestors! Who as I said were trespassing, threatening and worst of all is being paid to protest and tear things up.
    I would have my guns out if they came here. Of course in Tennessee we have a difference in social views than most of the liberal inner cities.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    big shrek, bluez and Ghost1958 like this.
  14. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

Since a second thread about the husband & wife gun threatening idiots has opened, allow me to reiterate...

Manta, et al., a friend found what i have been looking for
    18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(4) For purposes of this subsection, the term “brandish” means, with respect to a firearm, to display all or part of the firearm, or otherwise make the presence of the firearm known to another person, in order to intimidate that person, regardless of whether the firearm is directly visible to that person.

now to the MO idiots, as an attorney he should know MO § 571.030. Unlawful use of weapons — exceptions — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, except as otherwise provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, if he or she knowingly:
    (4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

As for private property...it is owned and maintained by the home owners association not the gun toting idiots!

W.T. Sherman and manta like this.
  15. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Looks like the gate was a general entrance, not to their particular castle. She (or both) overreacted. I sympathize with the couple and wish them a good lawyer.

Maineiak, alsaqr, manta and 1 other person like this.
  16. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Manta, in this case the road itself IS private property, it is owned jointly by the people who live there. If it snows it is not the cities job to plow it, if there are potholes, the city isn't going to fix them, the people in the neighborhood set up comities to handle these things, and to pay for them. Simply by going through that gate without an invitation from someone who lives in that gated community, whether it was open or not, the "protesters" were at the very least trespassing.

And the difference between protesting and rioting might just depend on if someone is willing to keep you from rioting on his or her property. I am pretty sure having an AR pointed at me might turn me from rioter to peaceful protester. (Unless I had an AR too.:D:D:D)

17. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

A mob.

18. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

The gun toting idiots as you call them, are members of the home owners association, making them part-owners of everything the hoa claims to own. It is private property, owned by the members of the hoa, which these 2 have an equal ownership with every other member of the hoa. So in this case the rest of the hoa hid in their basements, that is their right. These 2 defended their property,(badly).

My humble inexpert opinion is that they expected to get a pass because they are upstanding members of the left wing ambulance chaser crowd, and are too progressive to be lumped in with the other people who live in that gated community. They lost that bet.

Racism (against whites) trumps progressivism today.

It didn't help that the video showed they clearly had almost no clue how to operate those firearms.

bluez and Sniper03 like this.
  19. manta

It could be argued they had the right to defend their property, others will decide that. All i have said it was not the smart way to go about it, i would guess they are maybe thinking that as well now.

Chainfire and schnuffleupagus like this.