Sr9c

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by tarsteeler, Mar 3, 2013.

1. tarsteeler

tarsteeler New Member

Just bought my first handgun a sr9c I paid $551 out the door can anyone tell me if that's a good price and has any one else had trouble getting the slide off

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Price was kinda high, probably paid MSRP. As far as getting the slide off, are you pushing the ejector down and out of the way?

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Right on both counts-
    Google SR9C field stripping-
    Had one over 3 yrs -Still have it :)

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Maybe this will help...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx3AMtdDz7w[/ame]

I have one as well. Great gun.

5. TX45

TX45 New Member

Yeah, the price was high. I paid $420 OTD for my SR9c stainless 2 years ago.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You would be very hard pressed to find those kind of deals in today's market.

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I think you did good. Better prices out there but you didn't get scalped.

I watched a video similar to the one posted and practiced taking down my SR40 (same procedure) a couple of times and it is very easy once you see the sequence. Taking out the striker pin for cleaning etc. can be a bit tricky but I would learn how to do it if you can. Those Rugers tend to come from the factory a tad over-lubed/greased, can make them gunk magnets pretty quick

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Exactly wat I paid- Times have changed at least for now ---

9. tarsteeler

tarsteeler New Member

Thanks for all the info I took it to a gun smith and he said the guid rod got bent and replaced field strips flawlessly now. Just need to find ammo so I can shoot it thanks again to all who posted to help with my problem

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Glad it's 100 %. Enjoy shooting it.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

great little gun. go find ammo to have some fun. ours is a shooter. paid $464 OTD

12. TX45

TX45 New Member

I knew that so I temporarily stop purchasing guns now and wait for the prices to go down to normal.

13. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I picked up my sr9c and my sr40c for a little under 500 otd as for the slide problem maybe it's just gettin caught up on the cam block my slides gets caught up on mine sometime Maybe try oiling it up before you take it down sometimes dirt and stuff can get on it through the slide

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  14. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

If your happy with it then you did alright with todays market. Seems like the price of anything gun related is going up. I payed $399.00 for mine brand new less than a year ago.

15. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

Damn. I suddenly feel like a lucky son of a gun. Paid $280 for mine used like NIB. Something like $310 otd.