sr9c

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jjfuller1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

hey,im getting a sr9c.. fell in love with it after holding it at the store... so any tips or problems with em? i ordered it and hope to have it in a week or so... cant wait to shoot!!

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It's a good little gun. I have one as my primary carry gun. Very comfortable, very slim profile, great gun to carry.

3. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have no experience with the compact, but I do have the standard full framed SR9 in duotone and can't be any more satisfied with my purchase. Low maintenace, high reliability, and a reasonable price tag with "Made in the USA" and Ruger behind it!?!?!? What else could a man want?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

I have one and absolutely looooovve it and im sure you will too. Only recommendation I saw and followed was to clean it before firing. 200 rds through mine without a hiccup and its my most accurate handgun right now :). Oh and I've also heard not to pull the trigger with the magazine out, they say it will make the trigger pull sloppy. Don't know how much truth there is to that but im not gonna try it haha.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

My wife has one for about a year now & loves-
    Be aware the darlin is going to be "stiff" at first & the mags will be a bear to load :eek:
    Hang in there- its worth the breaking in! :cool:

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well still wating.. getting a little annoyed with my local dealer .. but oh well.. cant wait for it to arrive..

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought one for my wife and after she let me shoot it, I bought one for myself. Be careful loading the 17 rnd mag. It will pinch your hand if you dont watch it.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

quick update. well i happenend to go to my dealer last night for a different reason. however when i went i saw they finally had a sr9c.. little upset they hadnt called but thats another matter... i imediatly went home grabbed my gun fund and bought it.. got to bring it home today. woot woot.. i can def aggree that it needs to be cleaned. i can see all the factory lube. now i just gotta make time to go test it out

Attached Files:

10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Can't wait to hear your results!

Thanks for the range report as wellCA357. :)

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i took my newest out to make noise today. well both new ones actually.. i have only one picture due to it being sunny and hard to see my phones screen, thought i was saving them i guess not. but at least i got this one. first mag thru sr9c with sellier n bellot ammo. 15yards (45 ft). i tried magtech, blazer, and pmc all fired well. recoil was slightyl more than i thought it might be but less than my .40 by far and very handleable. i also shot my H n R . i didnt notice a difference between the 22lr and 22mag except the recoil and report. but it was fun. i took out a couple 22lr rifles and my xd.40 as well. this is my neice age 11 who wanted to come with me today shooting winchester wildcat 22lr. my other friends in the background shooting various 22lr rifles. it was a great 3 to 4 hours of fun.

i found another picture hooray.. so i was pretty happy with the gun i just need to move my sights a tiny bit

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011