Sr45

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by mahall, Dec 25, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Thinking about buying this gun! $405 plus tax and background fee. So around 450 out the door! Primarily for HD! First of all is that a fair price? Second is it a good choice!! I would appreciate any comments based on experience with this weapon!! Thanks!

2. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I have had the SR40 for over a year now and could not be happier. Your price is as good as you will find I believe. Have not shot the 45 but if its anything like the 40 it is a great HD gun and also a fun range gun. A little big for conceal carry IMO but mine goes with me in the truck

Plus looks so much sexier than the Lego gun (glocks)

3. davva360

davva360 New Member

Haven't shot the 45 either but I love the SR9c. Shoots great and looks awesome which is a bonus.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Shot one the other day. Nice gun for the price. It shot pretty good at 25 yards. Not a fan of the sights. Only had 1 ftf, which went off on the second try. I assume it was the cheap ammo.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

My most recent handgun purchase, in late November was an SR45. It is my only 45 acp. weapon, but for the $399.00 I paid for it, it is becoming my favorite.

The ergo's are very good, the recoil is quite tame in my opinion and it is dead on out to 25 yds.(or is that me?) I only have about 200 rnds. thru it so far, but zero hiccups with fmj and jhp. Disassembly is fast and simple. I understand Ruger CS is top notch but I've never needed it with my LC9, SR9c or SR45.

I think it is like the girl next door, not the prettiest thing to behold, but feels good in the hand and is a nice fit!:D

You can't go wrong with buying one IMO.

6. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I'd say buy with confidence. I've reached about 500 rounds thru mine now with 1 failure to feed on the first mag and flawless the other 499 rounds with all different types ammo. This gun is very accurate. This was my first target out of my sr45 over the summer. Flyer was from the holster, then my first mag went to the body. The next mag I went for head shots and decided to slow down and concentrate after my first 3 shots. As a result 7 rounds basically thru the same hole. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1387988256.155189.jpg

Now all my targets I shoot with this gun look pretty similar to the head of the this one. Very very accurate weapon

7. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

By the way this target was at about 28 ft

8. davva360

davva360 New Member

That's some good shooting right there

9. mahall

mahall New Member

Thanks all!! It's between SR45 and the Glock 30!! I will respect Ruger nation and not inquire about the Glock!! Thanks for the feedback and Meery Christmas!!

10. mahall

mahall New Member

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I think it is as good a price as you will get. A large LGS in FL (about 8 stores all over the state) had an anniversary sale in Nov. they were asking $400, which is as good a price as I have seen. I almost picked one up, but got the SR22 instead. I wanted something my wife might shoot.

I would grab one if the did the sale again.

12. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

If you can hold off a little bit I think a sr45c is coming out the new year and would probably compare to a glock 30 more. The glock 30S has had my attention every since it came out and I have been fighting myself not to buy one. Not a fanboy as I love many different makes and models of reliable and accurate handguns.

13. mahall

mahall New Member

I look at both for the past two days!! Salivating at owning them both!! The Glock30 g4 is around 600!! I saw one used for 499! Not crazy buying used guns from Gun stores!! Probably end up with the Ruger! It will spend the majority of the time in my nightstand!

14. tinkersdam

tinkersdam New Member

$400-415 is a good price nowadays for the SR45. Have been thinking of adding a 45 to my collection but don't want a 1911 or full size. So, am waiting for the SR45c to come out....I love the 9c so much, am hoping the 45c is just as sweet a shooter. And...Ruger CS is fantastic. They replaced a gritty trigger on the 9c for me...no charge AND paid the expedited shipping both ways. Had the pistol back in 7 days....

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you prefer being able to shoot in single action I would consider a Ruger P series pistol. I am not a Glock fan but I would buy a real Glock before buying an intimation Glock made by Ruger. Yes, you will pay more for a Glock but you will get a Glock. Not to mention all the accessories and aftermarket parts you can get for a Glock.

Buds Gun shop has gen 4 glocks for $525 plus FFL.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  16. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I agree with deer on the aftermarket accessories of the glock as there are only more accessories available for 1911s. However in the world of evolution we take a proven design and improve upon it. There is no doubt the glock is a great weapon but not for everyone. I have had a glock now for 10+years and love it and depend on it if I carry it, however it is now my 4th fav behind my ppq, m&p, and sr45. Gonna be a personal preference thing

17. tinkersdam

tinkersdam New Member

As a female with a somewhat smaller hand size, I find the ergonomics & balance of the Glocks just don't feel right in my hands....and are just a little too thick to wrap my fingers around the edge of the grip. Berettas are impossible for me. I know I can safely fire them, but I wouldn't care to own one. Sigs and Rugers seem to fit my hands the best and I shoot exceptionally well with my P226 Sig and Ruger SR9c. I have used Glocks, S&W's, Springfields, and Berettas...all very fine pistols...but I just don't care for the balance and grip of any of them. Pistols, like shoes, need to fit the person using them.

18. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

>>If you can hold off a little bit I think a sr45c is coming out the new year<<

Do you know this or is it just wishful thinking?

19. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I read an article in the NRA's American Rifleman mag. that the author said they were definitely working on the SR45c, but no release time was mentioned.

20. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

Well, I hope that do! :)