SR45 failing to extract

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by BigByrd47119, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hello all!

Well I had a great time at the range with the wife and in-laws but my Ruger and Colt Double Eagle (broken firing pin spring and a whole lot of carbon build up in the channel) both struggled.

My SR45 seems to be struggling with extracting spent casings from the chamber. It happened across a wide range of ammo types and in no particular order within the count of a magazine. Approx once ever 20 rounds. I asked the guy at the LGS where I bought it from and he said it probably just needed broke in. My plan for right now is to polish the chamber and ramp and see what happens but if anyone has any additional feedback ID sure appreciate it.

2. Dobbie

Dobbie New Member

Sounds more like an extractor issue. I'd contact Ruger and let them know. They have a good customer service department and should take care of you.

3. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

That is certainly my plan of action should this not sort itself out in the next 200 rounds. That said, the mouth of the casings were slightly marred although examination of the chamber doesn't appear to show any burs.