Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badasstruck said:
NICE! I'd like to shoot a Ruger to compare with my Springers!
I have the 5" SR1911 and I like it a lot. I put a C&S sear spring in it and tweaked the spring a little to get the trigger right at 4.0lbs but it has been left stock other than that and some polishing here and there. I have several other 1911s but the Ruger always ends up in the range bag before I walk out the door. I will definitely be adding the 4.25" version to my collection as soon as I get a chance. I have an AR project and a .308 bolt action project on my bench that need to be finished first but they may get put on hold if this pistol is available in the immediate future.

·
Registered
213 Posts
PICTURE THREAD! I love mine. Got the Bonded Ivory grips from Ruger.
I will DEF be getting the Commander!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where can you find a good quality stainless slide release, mag release, safeties, and main spring housing for the Commander?

·
Premium Member
10,790 Posts
Where can you find a good quality stainless slide release, mag release, safeties, and main spring housing for the Commander?
Brownell's, MidwayUSA are options.

Smith & Alexander have an excellent reputation for mag wells, main spring housings, etc.

·
Banned
0 Posts
glad to see that Ruger is expanding their line-up of 1911's. even though i haven't even seen but one FS SR1911, this new SR1911 Commander has my attention for sure. i would definately be interested in one.

another point. Remington is also expanding their line-up of the R1 1911's as well and have added a Commander sized 1911 as well. if it's as well built a my current R1, i would buy one for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts