Sr-556

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JimRau, Jun 30, 2013.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I just picked up an SR-556 piston gun. It shoots well but I have a couple of questions for those who know more about this gun than I:
    1. Is this a 'small pin' trigger?
    2. Are the bbl threads the same as other (DPMS) AR's?
    Thanks

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jim,

The barrel on the AR-15 is not threaded into the Receiver it will have a standard AR-15 Barrel Nut that attaches the barrel to the receiver. Providing it does not have a free float quad rail like a Yankee Hill for example which takes a special barrel nut with Lock Ring.(*Unless it would have a Troy Quad Rail which some of their Free Float Quad Rails also still use the Standard AR-15 Barrel Nut.) Your rifle does have the small pins. For example a Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match Trigger with the .155 pins (Small Pins .154-.155) will drop right in it. The only basic difference is in the gas system, solid carrier key and specially designed carrier and items pertaining on the gas piston system. Other basic rifle components are the same as the standard AR Platform.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Congrats on a nice rifle!!!!

Pics or it didnt happen :D

4. monteros

monteros New Member

Agreed! Pics!

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Are you talking about the barrel threads for the muzzle device? Some things about the Ruger are proprietary, this may be one. A lot of folks are big fans of the SR-556 but I'm not, even though I have three other Rugers.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Ah, Snipe...I am pretty sure he meant the muzzle threads.

Yes, they are the same.

7. JimRau

8. JimRau

Sorry gents, but unless I am selling an item I DO NOT put pictures of my weapons on the internet!!!;)

9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Just cover up the serial :)

10. JimRau

Why cover up the Serial #? That is not why I don't put pics on the net.
    Criminals don't give a darn about the serial #!;)

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

since your posting here its pretty obvious to anyone that you got guns heh

12. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I thin its important to not be too paranoid.

The leftist activist are not afraid to show the world who they are which is one reason they are doing so well in the battle to subvert this country's soul.
    Why should we hold back?
    We have nothing to hide.

The more we share our enthusiasm (and pics ar epart of it) the more we help activate each other and enthuse the next generations of real Americans.

Its all part of the same struggle.

If we dont stand up and get counted we will lose.

Thats why I write letters to my towns mayor telling him unless he leaves "Mayors against illegal guns" and I consider him a member of an organization that constitutes a threat to both public safety and our republic.

When I am on yahoo. I try hard to make a hard hitting and accurate but as short as possible post to ridicule leftist postions or expose them as propaganda.

I will also boycott businesses that support the enemies of our republic.
    And I will tell them why in writing.

these are the time proven tactics that the enemies of our republic have been using for decades.

We cannot afford to politely and meekly stay in the shadows if we want to keep our country we MUST do the same.

13. readygirl

readygirl New Member

...............:)

Attached Files:

14. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Readygirl has marble floors?

15. mt6green

mt6green New Member

The threads for the flash hider are same as any other. I have a SR-556 too and recently changed my muzzle device. J love mine and the only complaint I have is how heavy it is.

16. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

ready: thats a very nice SR556!:D