sr-25 magazines

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bradam, Nov 5, 2013.

1. bradam

bradam Member

Does anyone have a line on 10 round magazines.( you guesses it, calif.)

2. bradam

bradam Member

other than dpms sr-25

I've heard there can be cycling issues with the Dpms magazines at least in the 308's. Stoner is good, are there any others that anyone is aware of that do not cost an arm and a leg? :confused:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Magpul pmags in 308 are sr25 pattern and usually in stock with numerous vendors in 10round format

4. bradam

bradam Member

thanks for the information. I purchased stoner mags from midway for both ar-15 and 308win.

5. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

Try eBay purchased Magpul 10 rounds for $20 each

6. bradam

bradam Member

thanks i will give it a try although since I live in Kommifornia i am limited to 10 round mags.

7. dutyranger

dutyranger New Member

Don't take this as a hit against Magpul. I like pmags, but keep an eye on the feed lips. Last year we had several duty carry mags (223) go down because of broken feed lips. They were cracking at the front, bottom edge of the feed lip. Cracks ran perpendicular to the mag body toward the spine of the mag. Another buddy in a different district had 1 where the spine of the mag separated, splitting the mag in half. This was a new mag that he didn't think had ever been shot, just loaded and kept as an emergency reload in the patrol car. I still have a bunch of pmags. This was enough though to make me keep some metal mags on hand. For the SR25 (Rem R25) I keep pmags and ASC mags. So far I've had pretty good luck with the ASC 20rd SR25 mags. I know they make 10rd mags, no experience w/ them though since not in california. Their 20rd mags run mid $20 if I remember. Worth checking out.

8. X-mark

X-mark New Member

I will be receiving some 10rd 308 PMAGs next week. I am also in CA, so I know your pain!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Move to wisconsin. I've always wanted to work in the firearms industry ;)

10. bradam

bradam Member

I ended up buying some p-mags, alum. an ss mags.what about idaho?:D

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Funk ammo has magpul 10 rounders. I've bought from them in the past, took them a week to ship it but I got my mags, ordered a couple dozen from them no issues.