Sr-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by CourtJester, Dec 25, 2011.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I got my son an SR22 for Christmas but he broke his wrist last Wednesday riding his bike over a small patch of ice on his way to school. Never one to see a gift go to waist on a nice day I thought best to put the scope on it. Well then it looked sad just sitting there totally unfired.

[​IMG]

Got it pretty close to sighted in at 25 yards then moved to 50 and tried several types of ammo.

I figured that the Federal Gold Medal's would be great. I can keep 10 rounds touching with no wind on my 10/22, though it's set up for target shooting. But nothing held for $hit at 50 yards. I was thinking the gun itself just sucked for accuracy. Red circles are the aim points

[​IMG]

The last box that I had in the bag was the Remington Target Rifle's which I've never had any luck with. But the first two shots touched, clicked the scope a little to the right, and the next two touched, so I clicked it down a few more time and dropped 16 more shots though.
    I had three rounds left in the box so I put them in and hit three other stickers.

[​IMG]

Fun little gun for sure. I'm not sure my 12 year old wont have to share it with me when we go to the range.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011