Sr-22 pistol review

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by fivefourfiveX39, Feb 13, 2013.

1. fivefourfiveX39

fivefourfiveX39 New Member

what do y'all fell the quality if this pistol is?

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Honestly , Top notch .22lr I have 2 of them one is new the other one has around 600 rounds thru it and it shots real good, it will eat what ever you cram in it besides sub sonics . The only issues with feeding problem was taken care of after about 25 rds thru it and I think it was just a matter of wearing in a few parts after that it has ran perfect since . After around 500 rounds it will need cleaned as it will cause some feed issues . Overall great .22lr , great trigger , lots of features like decocker , comes iwth 2 mags , interchangable grips and finger extension for the mag plates . Its one of the better newer .22lr pistols out there

3. fivefourfiveX39

Ya I love mine I have the newer model SR22 which is the one with the metal pin insert in the slide cutout which stops it from the metal slide catch from chewing up the aluminum.

4. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

Like mine a lot, wish I could find a speed loader like I have for my MKIII so I can shoot more rounds. Pretty much shoot the cheapest rounds I can find and the only issue I have is that some times the slide doesn't stay open after the last round.
    I also have an SR9 which is fantastic and I am getting an SR45 this weekend, can't wait for it to arrive at my FFL.

Ken

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

They just released it with the factory threaded barrel and the 2 tone version. Wish they released it last year when i got mine so i won't have to buy an aftermarket threaded barrel.

6. fivefourfiveX39

Very nice ya fortunately I have a connect in Georgia (I'm from Texas), where I get my .22LR ammo right now because of the whole ammo depletion scene going on right now. I pay $40 for
    box of 500+ and 30$ for 375 box I know it's high but considering right now that price is not that bad I have fond way worse deals people selling 500 rounds for like be 60+ it's bad right now man and slot of these ammo companies are selling ammo they don't even have they are promising a ship and arrival date but it keeps getting pulled back on people it really is bad for dealers right now.

7. Yelsew

Yelsew New Member

At first my dad was thinking of getting a walther p-22 or a Sig Mosquito, but we got the SR22 and havent looked back. Imho one of the best .22 autos besides rugers 22/45 and mk pistols. For the first 500 rounds, after the first shot from the magazine, there would be an empty chamber, but now that doesnt happen anymore. It is an awesome fun gun to shoot though.

8. fivefourfiveX39

It's an awesome pistol brother!!!

9. photoshoot

photoshoot New Member

Almost every time I load a new mag I get a ftf after the first shot. It ejects the first cartridge perfectly and the slide closes it just doesn't feed a new round at all. I'm close to the 500 round mark now. I hope mine starts functioning correctly as yours seems.

10. fivefourfiveX39

Try a strong thumb out grip that will help with feeding issues, did yours come with a carry case with red or white phoenix logo?

11. photoshoot

photoshoot New Member

My carry case has the white logo. Is there a difference?
    Also, it only the second round in a magazine that will not load. After that it feeds perfect. Hard to believe my grip is bad on just the first shot. But I'll try it. I really love this little pistol.

12. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

looked at the SR22 yesterday as a shooter for Mrs. Chloeshooter. She is not going to conceal and carry a .22lr so ended up going with Ruger 22/45 lite based on ergonomics.

SR22 seems to be a decent gun. The trigger pull seems longish to me.

13. fivefourfiveX39

Ya the white logo is a newer SR-22

14. EVT

EVT New Member

Has anyone found a good holster for the Sr22, been looking all week, found this cool site called ALIEN GEAR, they have holsters that are like the CROSSBREED, not much out there. Wondering what other gun is the same in size, maybe I can find a holster that way, any help would be greatly appriciated!

15. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I had one that I shot for about a year. Regardless of the ammo, all it did was jam almost once per mag. I found it very frustrating and finally got rid of it. It felt good in the hand, but after a year I couldn't stand the sight of it.

16. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

I ordered a holster for my SR22 with a crimson trace laser from Bear river Holsters. They are hand made and from what I can tell very nice. I am getting it next week and hoping it will be nice. Brad is the owner an does the stitching himself. Go check out there website and I will let you know about the holster when it arrives.

Ken

17. danolator

danolator New Member

Ely subsonic hollow points cycle just fine in my SR22. Spring is here so it's time to load it up with rat shot for those copperheads. It is a great little gun.

18. EVT

EVT New Member

Holster for ruger sr22

Ken,
    Thanks for the info on the holster, you ever order from them?, which holster did you order?, was checking out their site. How do you like that CRIMSON trace laser? I was looking at the lasers on Midwayusa, did you get the universal one? Sorry for hitting you with so many questions, Thanks again....
    EVT

19. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

I ordered the $55.00 on the waist band, first one listed on their site. It just arrived yesterday and it is a very well made holster. Brad from Bear River was very nice to work with and makes the holsters himself.
    My SR22 came with the CT laser and I actually got it more for the wife then myself, but I like the gun so much I think I shoot it more then she does. I am not sure if it is the universal one or not. At first I didn't use the laser much, I wanted to get good with the sites first. Lately I have been using the laser more and enjoying it. It isn't much good in bright light but works great at the range. If nothing else it helps you practice holding your gun steady, with the laser you can really see how much the gun moves. Hope this helps.

Ken