Spur-winged goose destroy wheat lands

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Pieter, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Pieter

Pieter New Member

Hundreds of these birds are found on the wheat lands and farmers are losing lost of money.
    I shot this one using my .308 Howa Varminter. Distance: 470 meters.
    Used 168 gr Hornady Match.

Attached Files:

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Nice shot!! Birds on the ground are hard to hit. Their feathers create the illusion of a larger target.

Many farmers have their priorities screwed up. They would rather collect proceeds from a hunting lease than allow people to thin out animals that damage their crops.

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Cajun............

I guess I be the first. Wheres the crop the birds feeding on, looks like a well plucked field from the farmer and his neighbors. Your next pic better be that goose in a frying pan..............LOL............Welcome to fTf and a hello from the state that is Sportsman paradise.................:)

4. Pieter

Pieter New Member

willshoum

On the pic you don't see the crop.
    Next time I will invite you for dinner!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Bon apetite...........

You gonna need more than one goose if you invite a coonass to dinner................I'll bring the pop with the foam on top................We had a problem here in the U.S.A. for a while with the over pop. of certain geese. All they had to do was tell the coonass there was no limit. Problem solved..............LOL...............Then again, some cajuns don't believe in the laws............We kill to survive............Then we have thoughs that werent raised right. They need, well I'll let things run it's course............Thank the lord Canada geese don't have guns. I got my arse whupped by a male goose defending his nest.............:D;)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

There was a petition a few years ago in Souh Louisiana to extend the waterfowl season by two more months.

Upon receiving the petition the Governor asked what shall we name the months?

7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Cross the Border..............

WTF...........The mexican tree duck has made a home in La. It's an invasive species. Why in the hell do we have a limit...................:mad::mad::mad: Oh wait the gubment makes money on the cross border vermin. Just like the human cross borders..............And you call me stupid. Yes because I put up with this CHIT....................

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you have a dog that wants to kill chickens, let it attack a canadian goose. After the goose beats the dog with it's wings the dog will not bother any more birds. Canadian geese are more effective than duct taping a chicken wing in the dogs mouth.