Springfield XDS Coming Soon

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Shadow12233, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Shadow12233

Shadow12233 New Member

What are some of the things you are looking forward to seeing from the XDS that the other models don't offer? What are some of the negatives you have heard or seen?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Nuthin

Dont hold enuff bullets :rolleyes:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

to me its a swing and a huge miss. solely because of the capacity. if colt can manage to squeeze 7 into a small defender/newagent mag, and colt isnt big on new ideas, surely springfield could have spent a few more minutes in the think tank to do a 7+1...

holds less than a revolver, total miss

4. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Me too on the low round count. But I wonder if the width of the slide and grip make it easier to conceal. :confused:

I bought an XDm 3.8 Compact a couple months ago, so not in the market for a smaller gun. I am considering getting a full frame size 45 for home defense, but probably going with XDm 5.25 45acp. I like XD style and like SA customer service so far. Don't know what they were thinking in reducing the round count.

5. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

Disagree. Holds 5+1 for 6 rounds. Just like a revolver. Pearce grip is making one round extensions for the mags, making it 6+1 for total of 7. The idea is for a very compact, easy to conceal firearm in .45acp. I ordered one today. For those complaining about round count, it's a matter of simple physics. You can only shrink the gun so far. They've got it about as small as it can possibly be. Can't wait to get it. :)

6. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I like the idea of a pocket pistol in .45 acp rather than the typical .380
    And it can always be a back up gun to your normal carry gun. Sounds like a summertime swim trunks gun.

7. GIBro

GIBro New Member

I think Springfield did a good job at getting a new model of the XD platform. Most 1911 have the same round capability. I will do some research and see what the buzz is all about. So far I'm interested on the XDS. Don't knock it unroll you try it.

8. Gallows

Gallows New Member

It looks like it would be a nice C/C gun but we can't carry in Canada so I would sooner pick up a regular sized pistol for my shooting pleasure.

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Pretty good chance I'll plunk the money down and put one through its paces in the next few weeks. My dealer is calling me when they come in.

6 rounds in the gun, 5 more in a spare mag oughta give me a fighting chance of getting back to the XDm45 in my truck, lol.

10. Shadow12233

Shadow12233 New Member

I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say once you test it. Hopefully I will be picking one up soon as well. I just hope it doesn't kick like horse being a smaller single stack.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

yeah its the same count as a revolver. thats the problem why not just carry a 357 revolver much better round same capacity.

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Some folks prefer semi-autos, and good luck finding a 6rd 357 revolver that's 1" wide at its widest spot.

Obviously I haven't shot the XDs45 yet. But I'm guessing there are a number reasons why I'll prefer to carry it over my 357 SP101...preferable trigger, softer shooting (than stout a 357), favorable and familiar action system, slimmer carry, less hearing damage if discharged indoors.

But if I had a stronger revolver background, I might see things a bit differently.

13. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

Simple. Much flatter, lighter, shorter, quicker to reload.

14. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

I personally can't wait for this gun to come out. I'm 3rd on the list at my lgs to pick one up once he receives them.

15. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Where did you order from?

16. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

I am blessed in living 15 minutes from Springfield Armory. I am also blessed that I am LEO, and buy them for under dealer cost! :)

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I agree. I've been carrying a Kahr PM9 for 5 years, settling for 9 mm because I really like the size.

The XDS looks to be .5" taller from grip to slide. I may have to fudge on my "no taller than 4" rule to get 5+1 in .45ACP over my current 6+1 in 9 mm.

I think this gun will be Home Run with folks like me who have settled on uber compact 9's because it was "the best we could get" within this size envelope.

Tack