Springfield XDS Article

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Threetango, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

First Springfield I've ever liked. Good dimensions and firepower and trigger type and, surprisingly, look. It'll be overpriced as Springer always is, for me, but very nice firearm. Should be popular! Smaller than the compact 1911s with same bang... Oh yeah!

3. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Great article. I've read some articles on the stopping power of 380, 9mm, 40 & 45. I currently carry a 40 m&p shield but my next gun will be the XDS.

4. Hollander

Hollander New Member

I have purchased and carried several different guns during the past 5 years - Kahr PM9, Kahr MK40, Springer MicroCompact 45 and a couple of others. I currently prefer the XDS in a custom holster from Ryan Grizzle Leather. It seems to be my "travel companion" wherever I go and also at home. No problems, carries easily, and even these 70 yr old hands can still handle it.

5. Threetango

Agree, I have several handguns and the XD-S is the daily carry for many reasons.

6. Hoggrydr11

Hoggrydr11 New Member

Xds

From your experience with the xds, are there any problems firing hollowpoint ammo? How does the extended mag work for you? I am curious,Thanks in advance.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Overpriced compared to what?
    It's closest competitor, the Glock 36 is noticeably more money.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. Threetango

Have shot probably 30 Federal HP with no problems and actually haven't had a problem with any of the different brands.
    As long as you don't "limp wrist" it you're fine.
    On the 7 rd mags, I loaded and unloaded a full amount of rds about 10 times in the mag to get the spring working easier and it feeds good.

9. Hoggrydr11

Hoggrydr11 New Member

That sounds great,I have one on order and will pick it up soon. I appreciate your quick response,Thank you

10. Threetango

I feel that you will like it.
    Be sure and let us know what you think.

11. Hoggrydr11

Hoggrydr11 New Member

Well I can promise you I will come back and let you know, just as soon as I get out and shoot it. Thank you guys for all your help and answers.
    I'll be back...lol