Springfield XD-40 Subcompact. 1st time

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by capnklump, Oct 19, 2010.

1. capnklump

capnklump New Member

Guys I apoligize for not getting this range report in sooner, but as soon as I got home from the range I had to get ready for work offshore (no internet offshore) & I'm out there for a whole month at a time. So here goes: I was so excited about buying this gun that I bought 4 boxes of target rounds with it & took it straight to the range to shoot it right "out of the box"! To say the least I was VERY impressed. The first couple of mags I shot were not extremely accurate, until I got accustomed to the recoil. I was shooting free hand, standing at 7 yds. The subcompact does not allow room for my pinky finger on the grip with the standard size mag, I have remedied that issue just today by adding Pearce grip extensions. Love em! The more I shoot this gun the more accurate I seem to get! Feeding is very smooth as is the trigger. Follow up shots are fast. My take on this fine weapon so far: For under $500, outstanding quality! An excellent choice for personal defense/CC. Besides the grip extensions & extra mags I bought today, there is only one more modification I am making. Next week I'm sending my slide off to Springfield & have them install my Trijicon night sights. And thats it, my rig will be complete. The attached target photo is my very first target I shot. The other is with my newly attached Pearce grip extensions.

Attached Files:

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Excellent!! I have the same set up in OD green. I'll post pics later.

My favorite carry pistol. Good,accurate,reliable shooter that's easy to conceal. But, not so expensive that you would cry if the police took it. :)

3. safedman

safedman New Member

XD-40 subcompact

I carry a G23, but I tried a friends XD-40 subcompact. I do not think you can find a more accurate and reliable subcompact anywhere. My wife shot a 3 inch group at 10 yards. :eek: Now she wants one. I Love that Woman!!
    Good choice and good shooting my friend!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I missed this when you posted but Thank You for taking the time to do so.

That is some good shooting with such a small weapon. That is a dead bad guy all day in these parts of the woods. :)

JD

5. SecPro

SecPro New Member

I used to had an XDSC40. i miss that little bugger. Traded it for another AR though. Solid guns!!!!!!!

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Outstanding shooting and you've got yourself a great weapon. I've had several XDs but currently only have a 45.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's okay Rusty - Some day you too will join the grown ups at the big guy table. :p

JD

8. spittinfire

And be like you? Shooting that 9? I can only dream....:p

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You do realize that is getting quoted, moved to the Freudian thread with the subtle addition of " by someone like Shihan, right?

10. spittinfire

I'm fine with that as long as everyone here knows you are shooting for merely a 9.....

11. Craig801

Craig801 New Member

i have the same gun and REALLY enjoy shooting it.......nothing but compliments from everyone who has shot it also