Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the TRP really worth all that cash? I've been pondering one but not really willing to dump that much on it. Thinking about just goin with the colt rail gun or gold cup.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a TRP and think it is a fine firearm. But Colt's are really nice too.

You can't go wrong with either one!

Here is a pic of my TPR

·
Registered
68 Posts
steadyshot said:
I have a TRP and think it is a fine firearm. But Colt's are really nice too.

You can't go wrong with either one!

Here is a pic of my TPR
What kind of stogie is that lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
broke-again124 said:
Is the TRP really worth all that cash? I've been pondering one but not really willing to dump that much on it. Thinking about just goin with the colt rail gun or gold cup.
I have the half rail model. Shoots great!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Great pistol. Worth that price tag? Questionable. But at the end of the day if that is the 1911 you'd want to build, then I think it is.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I'm of two minds on this one.

I'd go with the Colt but never heard a bad word on the TRP.

It's your cash.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The two piece guide rod isn't a big deal. I have one on my Trophy Match (the TRPs non-tactical cousin) it's not a problem. I have several of the allen wrenches. I keep on in the range bag an another in the Cleaning gear. If one were to decide they hate it, a one piece replacement can't be a big deal.
As to whether it's worth it? Only you can answer that for sure. If you do buy it, I doubt you will have any complaints, beyond price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
TRP Operators with bull barrels do not have two piece guide rods. They have a FLGR. The FLGR can be replaced with a Dawson Precision Tool less Guide Rod or you can get a closed reverse plug from 10-8 Performance for use with a GI rod.

The TRP Operators are going for a premium right now on GB. There are two full rails on there right now with bids over $2400. The 3/4 rails seem to be going between $1500-$1700.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
How does the xse stack up against the combat elite?
Basically the same except the CE has the National Match Barrel.

The XSE has the Extended Ambidextrous thumb safety and the CE has a Extended Single Side. (For carry I dislike both.)

Both have a FLGR. (I dislike and find this stupid. Please forgive Colt Mr. JMB.)

If you go by the model number (O8011XSE) it is an XSE.

• O8011XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,318.32 < The CE is a bargain if you can find one!
  • O1070XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45
  • O1980XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45
  • O1880XSE - Suggested Retail: $1,305.45

If you can find one get the CE.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts