Ok... Please go easy on my as this is my first restoration. The back story... My step-dad gave me his old Springfield/Savage 187R .22 s-l-lr several years ago that his dad gave him. The rifle had seen plenty of use/abuse but was still in fair condition for what it is. I had plenty of long rifle rds so I thought I would plink a little with it but I was not aware of the feed/extract problems (among others) 187R's have with lr's and the right extractor broke so I put it up to look at on occasion. I worked in the armory in the Marines for several years and have recently renewed my passion for light gun work, so, I decided to make the 187R my first complete restoration to offer back to him as a father's day gift. Completely disassembled and cleaned the years of gunk that led to the malfunction. Replaced the extractors and should be ready for s-l but no lr's Stripped the stock, restained, hand rubbed a mixture of vinegar-turpentine-BLO (still have several coats to go). Reblued the barrel and mag tube and misc parts. I'm not finished with it but I wanted to see what it will look like so I put it together and took a couple of pics. Have before shot from my inventory log.