Springfield refinishing

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ALfiremedic1, Jul 6, 2013.

1. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I made an excellent trade today for a Springfield 1911 GI model. Traded an xds 45 for it. The 1911 has some wear on it, but nothin to bad. I'd like to get it refinished. I heard that I can send it in and Springfield will refinish it. Or I have the option of ceracoat.

2. The1Monster

The1Monster New Member

I know a guy who does parkerizing and some ceramic thing. Well, my co-worker knows a guy. Well, he's kinda my boss. Whatever, not really though.

He's in south Louisiana and redid a bunch of Katrina guns, got tons of practice. Maybe more since 05 than some people get in a lifetime. He's who my buddy is going to take his gun to.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you could always opt to do it yourself. Brownell's has all the supplies to do a good job at home. would save you a lot of money. most of the work for doing a blueing job is in the preparation for blueing. inlike a rifle or shotgun, all the part of a pistol will fit into the kitchen oven. google blueing a firearm. lots of good information on the internet.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a lot of the newer products are made for the DIYer to be able to do themselves.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Parkerizing then coating with a modern resin coat would hold up better than just about any other type of refinishing.