Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a RO? has anyone shot one? Just curious on how they shoot and if anyone's had any problems with FTF or FTE?

·
Supporting Member
12,176 Posts

I have shot one although I do not own one! Very nice piece!
I think you would be happy with it. I am sure someone here has one!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I've shot one. A lot of 1911 for the money. As are Springfield Armory pistols in general. Good warranty & customer service. You could do much worse than a RO.
The guy who's pistol I shot eventually sold it. He regrets it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
One of my favorite pieces.Mine has won me quite a few pin shoots.Easy to shoot well.I would stack it up against any 1911 for any amount of money.You could spend a lot more money and not get any better 1911.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Transman said:
One of my favorite pieces.Mine has won me quite a few pin shoots.Easy to shoot well.I would stack it up against any 1911 for any amount of money.You could spend a lot more money and not get any better 1911.
Was it the gun or your skill? Or was it that you felt more confident with the RO?

·
Registered
299 Posts
My first and only 1911 is a RO, I really enjoy it. The only thing is I'm not great with the black on black target sights so I had to paint the front sight. Other than that, it's a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a Springfield Loaded model 1911....
My choice was between the RO and the Loaded.

Loved the single sided saftey on the RO & the absence of front cocking serrations.
But did not like the adjustable rear sight (as I was not purchasing for competition shooting).

In the end, I went with the Loaded because it had the fixed low profile combat rear sight.

But you will not go wrong with the RO - great shooter (as is mine).
I have had almost zero malfunctions and have over 3K rounds through mine.

But if funds allow, go with the TRP (is is a step above both of these).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts