Springfield Model 940E

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PSYCHOFREAK3, Mar 25, 2013.

1. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I know how much you guys like pictures, unfortunately I'm dissapointing you for now. But does anyone know how to lookup the age of a Savage Arms Springfield Model 940E? It's a 20 Gauge single shot with a serial number of P309XXX. I will try to get some pictures when I can, but I can't find much info online at all as far as dating it.

2. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Nobody with info on dating an old Savage single shot?

3. twoolddogs

twoolddogs New Member

Your Model 940E was manufactured between 1961 and 1970. No records are available to match serial number to date of manufacture.

4. HankStone

HankStone New Member

All I could find!

What is this gun worth Stevens model 940E 410 shotgun 3inch chamber Savage Arms?

View Slide Show

View Slide Show

Answer:

If the single shot .410 is mint it's worth $190-$220. If it's used up a bit and has dings it's worth $75.00 at the very most. They made a ton of these guns and I own 2 of them. thanks.
    These youth models, odd side release, single shot shotguns were made from the mid/late 30's to 1984. I had one in the early 60's as my first shotgun, at 8 years of age. 2.5 or 3 inch shell approved, solid little-short shotgun, in other words a very small light shotgun. At 8, kick was strong (i.e. small, short, and light) but I killed many squrriels at close range on my grandpa's farm with it. I moved to a 20 gauge quickly, for more game choices, less felt recoil, and distance. $100 tops today for a nice quality specimen ! A 22/410 over and under would have made me happier at the time too!

5. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Awesome thanks for the info.