springfield loaded 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by niteglock, Aug 1, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I have a question. Has anyone had issues with the slide getting slighrly hung up on the trigger disconect when hand racking the slide. It shoots fine and all. But it kind of annoying when racking it because I could feel it hit rhe disconnect everytime. I detail stripped the gun and lubed everything but no difference. Maybe just slightly. If I rack the slide back and ride it back to battery slow enough I could actually get the slide to stop on the disconnect tip sricking out. This is also a brand new gun from the shop.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I would sit with in the evenings and constantly rack the slide with no mag in the gun. You'll get the disconnector used to wearing with the slide. Do that 500 times or so and see if that doesn't smooth out the problem.

3. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

It will smooth out some with use, but also realize that it was never intended for the slide to move that slow. Upon normal use, there is no issue.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

if its really bugging you give springfield a call or email em about it. they will probably make it right

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I'm just wondering how heavy of a trigger pull?

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Thanks guys. I been racking it alot and the trigger pull is nice but im no ex0ert when it comes to 1911 triggers.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As your experience increases with the 1911, you will understand my question.

The sear spring (that three fingered piece of flat metal) does the following:
    - Port side: Keeps pressure on the sear to help with reset.
    - Middle: Keeps pressure on disconnector (pushes up) and trigger (pushes forward)
    - Starboard: Keeps pressure on grip safety.

Look at the middle "finger" function. If you pick up a good book on the 1911 (I recommend both of Kuhnhausen's), you will have some great knowledge at your finger tips.
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911

8. fmj

fmj Active Member

see the "Canebrake 500" thread in 1911 section. GREAT reference for 1911 newbs. (those new to the 1911 world)