Springfield Loaded 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fireguy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. fireguy

fireguy New Member

If my luck holds out I'll be a member of the 1911 club tomorrow night. Supposed to meet a guy who is selling his 5" Loaded Springfield .45. He says only around 200 rounds through it. Has all the Springfield gear and case. Price looks about right from the searches I've done. Armslist has this model with people asking from $750-900. This guy wants $750. We'll see. I've had deals fall through before, but he has been good about returning emails, the one's that have not worked out were obvious with the way the guy would respond.

If anyone has some helpful suggestions about the model or price please speak up.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

In Kalifornia, that's an excellent price for what is essentially a new pistol. I don't know the prices for your neck of the woods.

BTW, are you familiar with 1911's?

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

The last time I shot one was almost 30 years ago. I've been reading a bunch on them and knew that I wanted a ramped feed and the upgrades that the GI models don't have. It won't be necessarily for carry, so the full size is what I wanted.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Stainless or parkerized?

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

This one is stainless. He has some kind of two stage spring and guide rod that he installed in it for an extra $90. I think I'll just try the stock and see how it works. Our meeting is delayed until Thursday because of work conflicts.

6. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I really enjoy mine. $750 is a good price for a stainless. Good Luck.
    [​IMG]

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Update??????????? :confused:

8. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I tried calling and texting the guy yesterday to confirm our meetup and never got a reply. I got a text from him today saying he was at the hospital with his wife who had a baby. He conveniently never mentioned when we could meet. I don't think he is a flake, he just acts like one. I'm an optimist. My glass is half full, just with something I don't like.

9. General_lee

General_lee New Member

The Loaded is a very nice 1911, well worth the price. However I don't know about this "two stage spring and guide rod" for $90? The Loaded models come from the factory with a two piece, full length guide rod... Or were you talking about something else?

10. fireguy

fireguy New Member

It is some aftermarket stuff he got. He was going to trick the gun out and then decided he wanted a Kimber. Now he needs the money from this gun and more to get the Kimber he wants. I don't recall exactly what he called the guide rod and springs, except that he said they were the bomb. I want to try what it came with and go from there and save the 90 clams.

11. opaww

opaww New Member

I like Springfield .45 autos

Attached Files:

12. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I texted the seller again on Saturday telling him I want the pistol for a Father's Day gift, which is true, a Father's Day gift for me, and he hasn't messaged me back at all. I'm voting him off the island.
    I found another SA Loaded with 600 rounds through it, has a 4.5# trigger job done by a gunsmith, and is owned by a guy who works for the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. I will meet him on Monday evening if his schedule opens up.
    He must be more serious and dependable than the first guy I dealt with, he has already taken the online ad off. Oh, yeah and this one is only $700.
    Stainless black he called it. Never heard of that.

13. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I got it picked up. Thing is beautiful! And it already has the idiot scratch so I don't have to put it on myself. The guy I bought it from is an agent with KBI, really nice guy. He didn't need to see ID, or have me sign anything. I LOVE Kansas gun laws!!!!!!!
    I tried to upload from photobucket, but pics aren't coming through. I've done this in other forums, but there is something here that I don't have right.

14. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Beautiful Piece!

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"Blackened Stainless" is a very nice finish. I like it. :D

You should be able to polish out the mark.

16. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I recently saw Edge of Darkness, a 2010 film with Mel Gibson. It was a pretty good movie with Gibson as a police officer whose daughter gets killed.

A Springfield Armory Loaded Champion, stainless steel, with a Hogue overmolded grip, had a big part in the movie. Very cool-looking pistol!

Attached Files:

17. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Yeah, I really like the black in the slide and top strap. It has never been holstered, that's gonna change. Trigger is sweet, he said it was 4.5# but it feels lighter than that, probably from being used to mash the triggers on my P89 and Keltec P11. I think I'll go in to work early tomorrow and pop a few rounds off before anyone gets there just to say I've fired it.

18. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Shot the SA 1911 at 6:30 this morning. Trigger is really nice. first 5 shot group at 5 yards was just under 3". I know I can do better, but that was the first time shooting it. I'll try to get a pic up when I get home tonight.